FFC started antibiotics--need advice on ramp

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Countrymom, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

Well, I bit the bullet and finally went ahead and started the Doxy this morning.

DrB said to start with 1 and then ramp up from there. I took one this morning with breakfast and have not had any stomach problems...

how many days would you wait before taking 2 a day? I am supposed to work up to 4 a day. I know I could call them and ask but...

I know they are busy and I also would like input from those of you who have already done this.

I stopped my transfer factor until my next appt, I'm not sure I should be on them already, I know they have done it both ways at the clinic so I don't think they will mind. But after researching them I think I should wait till I have been on doxy for months.

Thanks and have a good day,
    Dani
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I started out on two a day and that was my dose from then on. I know the FFC's are more aggressive, especially when Lyme is a factor.

I think it is reasonable to take one a day for a week and if you can tolerate that, go to two, and so on. Be sure to take a good probiotic or even one will likely cause stomach problems and a possible overgrowth of yeast.

If it were me, I would call them just to be sure, but we are all different. If memory serves, and often it doesn't, you are taking the TF basic and not one which targets pathogens. It might be a good idea to continue to take it as it will strengthen the immune system while the ABX give it a rest. I would ask about this.

I believe it is counterproductive to take TF's which target specific pathogens at the same time as taking meds which kill those pathogens. The TF basic is more like a "souped up" colostrum and shouldn't affect the Doxy.

Keep us updated.

Love, Mikie
  3. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

Mikie,

Thanks for the quick reply. I am taking jarrodophilus, nystatin, and garlic as well. I talked to them today about the TF and they agreed with what you just said...

since it is just the basic and not targeted I need to keep on taking them to help my immune system.

Mikie I can't thank you enough... you always have the wisest answers, you really should write a book about your "protocol". I know you have already helped so many people...

I would love to meet you sometime, Are you moving to the Atlanta area? I think I remember that from another post.

Thanks again,
    Dani
  4. castle

castle New Member

Hi Dani and Mike

Good questions and good answers. I'm getting ready to start the Doxy in 1 week. and was wondering the same things.

Thank you Mike for always replying with such helpful
    advise. I to think you should write a book!

You all are such wonderful support!

Scarlett
  5. Frecker777

Frecker777 New Member

Hey guys,
    I am *very* sensitive to meds and was also prescribed doxycycline (400mg) for lyme through FFC. I started with a quarter tab the first day and added about ½ pill each subsequent day—think it took me about a week to get to full dosage. Just follow what your body tells you—I went nice and slow.
    -Carrie
  6. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

My experience was that I had to wait weeks to ramp up because I was too sensitive and weak. FFC Dr. certainly agreed that I had to take it slow.

Couldn't tolerate much more then 2 doxy and my biaxin cut up in three plus everything else I was on.

Now that my immune system is getting stronger I went up to full dose in November plus added the Amandatine (antiviral)with no ill effects.
    So that was from July to Nov. 1.

Also I started eating many little nutritional snacks throughout the day and I never miss meals plus drinking lots of water. I hardly ate for the last 3 years! just too dizzy and nauseated. Boy was I going downhill.

Another thing I started was taking a Vit C two times per day and that is suppose to help with the toxin die-off. Are you on Dr. T's daily drink with B cap. That's a powerful multi. Also I took Sandy's advice and ordered the detox foot pads and wear them at night.

[This Message was Edited on 12/01/2005]
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I could only write about my experience and I think as more and more people get treatment at the FFC's, my experience will not be so unique. I am only thankful that so many are getting treated.

I did not invent the protocol. I took other treatment protocols and between my doc and me, we came up with one tailored to my needs. I am just gratified that what we did is what the FFC's seem to be doing. They are doing it better because of the extensive testing.

In the end, it is results which count. I am getting better and I hope everyone else who is traveling this path will as well. I wish it could happen faster, but any progress is amazing for anyone who has been sick with chronic infections for 10 years or more.

I am always happy to answer any questions based on my experience. We are all different but I think it gives confidence to those who are just starting out to know someone else has been there.

Love, Mikie
  8. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I just started them all at once and I was already taking the transfer factor. I felt like ai had the flu for 5 days and then strted feeling much better. It was a huge turning point for me. Good Luck Lynn
  9. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

Thank you so much for all of your advice.

I will try to add 1 pill every 3 days and see how my body responds. I can always back off if I need to. I just want to get the bugs out of me. I get sick just thinking about them floating all over me wrecking havoc with all my systems.
    I hate bacteria and I hate taking medicine but I have gotten over the pill thing in a hurry, I'll do whatever I need to at this point.

Thanks for all the advice,

Dani