FFC success stories

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GBHope, Jan 10, 2006.

1. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I have asked this question before on some of your posts, but for those of you trying the FFC, what kind of a maintenance program do you have to be on if you have been successful in getting your health back? I would really love to hear this. I know some of you have been able to do it w/o the FFCs, for instance Bunnyfluff and Stormyskye. I just want to know what you all had to go through to get to the point you are as well. Take care everyone and much future success with your health.

GBHope
  2. GBHope

GBHope New Member

on this?
  3. saphire27

saphire27 New Member

Bumpin' for us that have only had this illness for a few short years or less....

What steps?
    What meds Old/ didn't help or stop helping &

new meds that might have you at a good level.
    also vitimen minerals as well

LUV
    saph
  4. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Trying to get some response here. This helps those of us who haven't tried it yet know whether it is something we really should think about at some point.

Ginny
  5. Empower

Empower New Member

6. GBHope

GBHope New Member

bumping one more time
  7. wishingonastar

wishingonastar New Member

I go to the FFC in Cleveland. I have my next appointment at the beginning of February after one year of treatment. At that time, I expect to go on the "maintenance program" that you speak of.

Because I'm not quite there yet, I can tell you that I know that Dr. J. at the Cleveland FFC recommends maintaining the existing regimin for six months then I would only be on the multi-vitamin and my T3/T4 for underactive thyroid. This is completely consistent with what she told me to expect when I first began to see her.

Already, over the past three months, I have begun to lower doses of some of the supplements with no adverse reaction.

If you've read any of my past posts, you will know that I became suddently ill in July of 2004. It took me six months to find the FFC and begin treatment. I went from a very active person in a professional position with a 9 year old daughter, to a person that could do nothing...no work, no existence. I couldn't leave the house, I couldn't pick my daughter up from school, I couldn't take a shower without becoming bedridden for the day. I truly felt as if I had lost my life in the heartbeat of becoming ill.

As far as what has helped me:

1. A really understanding boss who let me start back to work 2 hours a day, three days a week (I had worked easily 50 hour work weeks as a C.O.O.)It has taken me the better part of a year to get back to the level of work I need to do for me to consider myself productive).

2. The FFC and their approach to treatment.

3. Yoga classes

4. Moderate, consistent Exercise

5. A strong will that works hard every day to feel better through a nutritional, emotional, and spiritual approach.

I hope that this is helpful to you! I wish you the very best in your recovery!

Wishingonastar
  8. Dalphia

Dalphia New Member

Your post your very inspiring. The one question I have is did you have CFS/Fibro. or, was you diagnosed with any other bacteria/virsus, etc., like Lyme, Mycoplamas, etc.

It appears that those suffering from CFS/Fibro. are really good results from the FCC.

I attend the Atlanta FCC and was diagonsed with CFS/Fibro, Lyme, Epstein Barr, Mycoplasma, CMV Bacterial, Babesisa from the Lyme. So, for those of us who have chronic lyme plus a hot other other infections, I'm sure it will take longer for us to see recovery. In the meantime, I'm very happy with the treatment I'm receiving and look forward to recovery.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Gaye
  9. LdyM

LdyM New Member

Hi there,

I believe "ulala" mentioned that you see Kent Holtorf at Torrance. If so, could you share your opinion of him? And of his treatment protocol?

I'm still undecided and have spent $5K out of pocket since beginning there in June, with meger results.

Thank you so much, **LdyM
  10. GBHope

GBHope New Member

What did the FFC end up diagnosing you with? That's my problem. I just don't have that kind of money to spend and not have it maybe work for some reason. Sorry it's not working for you. I am working with a chiropractor with supplements and so far it is helping some. My dad originally got my on supplements 10 years ago so I could at least function some. I would have been bedbound without them.

GBHope
  11. GBHope

GBHope New Member

bumping this up
  12. wishingonastar

wishingonastar New Member

I'm so glad to hear of your progress! Keep up the great work!

I was diagnosed with EBV, a yeast infection, low thyroid (which I had been having treated with synthroid for the past 10 years), and other hormone dysfunctions. Even then, it took the better part of a year of treatment to be fully functional, so I can't agree more with the myriad of posts that say it takes time, but the treatment is well worth it!

Like you, I am thrilled with my treatment! I thought I had completely lost my life and was looking at losing my job, not being able to care for my daughter, losing my house, etc. While I still think I could use a bit more energy, I can do everything I used to be able to do (with a bit of resting here and there). This could not have happened without the aggressive treatment protocol of the FFC, I believe.

Many blessings to you, Gaye, and I hope you continue to heal!

Patsy

[This Message was Edited on 01/11/2006]
  13. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I started going to the FFC in Dallas last April. I have improved 65-70 percent. I am still doing some treatment, so I am not on maitenence yet. I am still working on some things. I takes about a year usually to see full results. I am very happy with them and am so glad I went.
  14. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Maybe when I am more financially able, I will give it a try. I hope I continue to improve with the treatment I am doing now as well with my chiropractor. A month ago, my fog and fatigue was so bad I couldn't drive at all. I'm not perfect now, but I can do more now and hope things will continue to improve.

GBHope