FFC Sucess Story!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ldbgcoleman, Oct 20, 2005.

1. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Today I went by the Atlanta FFC to pick up some supplements. I saw a young man who I had met in the Iv room about three months ago. He has been ill since he was 11 and is now 15. He started the FFC about a year ago. He had to drop out of public school because of attendance and his parents were at the end of their ropes. He was diagnosed with Lymes and a host of other stuff.

Well when I saw him today he told me he was going to school and playing football. Defensive end! Three months ago he told me he finally had hope and now this. I was inspired by such an articulate young man who was beaming from ear to ear.

It has taken him almost a full year to get to this point. I just thought I would let you know there is hope and if you are getting this treatment it does take time. You ahve to be diligent and really stick with it.

I went riding again today and am now thinking about leasing a horse. If you had asked me in April I would have laughed at the idea. I couldn't even fix supper!

Take Care Everyone! Lynn
  2. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Thanks for sharing this great story. That young man must have been beaming! Finally getting some of his young life back!

You also mentioned it took him a full year to see real improvements. That is what I'm gearing up for slow but sure.

In the meantime I continue my daily FFC schedule.

Cindy
  3. elsa

elsa New Member

It's great reading about your's and other's stories of gaining remission, but there's nothing like reading about how children and young teenagers are able to rejoin the living.

I loved hearing about that young man. Playing football ... WOW !!

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. No matter what direction we go in for treatment, everyone needs to read about another person's success story.

Remission is a real and obtainable goal. The more stories we hear like this one, the more hope ignites in the ones still struggling to turn the corner.

Elsa
  4. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Hi Lynn,
    It's so wonderful to hear this success story! I cannot imagine what this young man went through from ages 11 - 15. His life has certainly turned around, and he's taken off now and is flying high, as he should be!

Thank you for all of your encouragement, and for reminding us to "be diligent and really stick with it"...that's so important to hear!

Wishing him continued success...and you, too!!

Best wishes always,
    Hopeful4
  5. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

I'm celebrating both of you! What a great story to share. Thank you!

Francie
  6. tumnis

tumnis New Member

I am sort of new to this web site but when i read your post i was very excited! can you please explain what this young man is doing? what is the protocol he is on? i am a youngster too! i was at one time very gifted in athletics. i played four sports but ever since i was diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome, i havent been able to do anything really. i would appreciate your response!!!!! thanks
  7. ckahele

ckahele New Member

i've said b4 here that they have given me back my life.

it's been a long road (what w/herxing and all) and an expensive road (i will not lie about that) BUT WORTH IT!

tonite my dog and i are going hiking out at a friend's farm. this is the 4th time this week.

i could NEVER have done this b4 my FFC treatments. and believe me i tried. i'd go for a walk and spend the next two weekends on the sofa.

AND, contrary to what somepersons on this board have tried to imply. my doc at the pittsburgh FFC is awesome!
    (sorry-learned to talk that way from my teenagers).
    cyndy
  8. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

The kid I am talking baout went to tons of Drs and finally started at the Fybromyalgia and Fatigue Center in Atlanta. They do extensive blood testing and determine underlying problems you may have that are causing and contributing to you symptoms. Next they treat you for the problems.

He had mycoplasma EBV and Lymes desease. I have mycoplasma and EBV it has taken me four months to see good results and it has taken him a year. You can search FFC on this board to read about different people going there. Where do you live??? I will be happy to help you any way I can. Try to stay positive! There is hope and you can get better! What sports did you play?? Lynn
  9. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I can't tell you how many doubts I have had from time to time. I was doing everything they said and feeling worse. I cryed and wanted to quit but somehow I kept going and the 4 month mark was the charm.

It may take longer but I think you will get better. It's already Halloween and the end of the year will be here befor you know it. Hopefully you will be starting the new year with noticeable differences!

All this has made me so incredibly thankful for what I have and for my health. Please keep the updates going! I am thinking about you and wish you the best of luck! Lynn

10. rinaldo

rinaldo New Member

Hi My nameis lisa i live in penn-hills pa approx 20 min from the city of pittsburgh and i am looking for a new doctor to treat fms could you please give me some advise.
  11. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I live in Atlanta and I go to the Fybromyalgia and Fatigue Center in Atlanta. They have branches in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. There are others Drs who will follow the same type of things or who will be open minded about trying different things.

You can do a search here on FFC and get lots of posts about them. Lots of people have posted detailed reports of exactly what their treatments are. Each person is different depending on what they have and how long they have had it. I believe Lymes is the toughest to treat especially if you have had it a long time.

Also try googleing "Stealth Viruses" and start reading. You will be amazed! Another idea is to post a topic on this board like "Need good Dr in Pittsburgh" You may find one that way as well!

The most important thing is to find a Dr who is looking for the underlying causes and not just trreating the symptoms. I hope this helps! I will be happy to answer any other questions! Good Luck Lynn