FFC Trip Planned

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke1972, Nov 24, 2005.

1. keke1972

keke1972 New Member

Hi, my name is Kristen. I have an appointment at the ffc in Philadelphia Dec. 27. I was just wondering how long everyone has been ill? I am worried this protocol may not work for me since I have been ill for 18 years. I am only 33 years old and I have had this illness for more than half my life. I would love to hear from some of the ffc people.
    Thanks, Kristen
  2. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

Hi Kristen,

I've been ill for most of my adult life and maybe all the way back to childhood. I progressively got worse as my 20's, 30's, 40's rolled around. Now, here I am, 53 and just this year I was diagnosed from the FFC.

The reason their protocol works is because they look beyond the FM/CFS diagnosis and do a thorough blood work up checking all your hormones, and then viruses and bacteria which are many times the root cause of a high percentage of people with these chronic illnesses.

They will treat the whole body with bio-identical hormones, supplements and herbals while also targeting what is causing your illness with antibiotics or anti-virals.

For me it was lyme disease and 3 viruses (probably caused from the lyme dragging down my immune system.)

I haven't found any other doctors who were even close to figuring out what was wrong with me.

You won't be disappointed if you follow their protocol and give yourself time to get well. There will be a time when you may feel worse before getting better because as you target viruses/bacteria in your body, their toxins can cause unpleasant die-off.

Its so worth it to get well.

Sandy
  3. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

Hi Kristen,

By my accounts I figure I've had CFS/FM for over 20 years. Nobody could ever find anything that was causing my extreme fatigue. I always heard diet and exercise. I did have a rheumy tell me I had FM back in March 2000. However, he did not attempt to make me better. After my annual physical in August I knew if I was going to get better that I had to take the reins.
    I did research to find someone in Atl, GA. There were 2 doctors, each with a different treatment regimen. I chose the FFC and had my 1st appointment in October. I told Dr. B that I knew it would take a long time to get better since I felt I had had these conditions for over 20 years. I was impressed at the depth of the questions they asked in the 24 page questionnaire and they also took 25 vials of blood.
    At my 2nd appointment I learned about the blood tests. That's where I found out I had several different problems and started new meds. I'm hoping to have the testing for viruses at my next appointment.
    In the waiting room 1 day I heard a man say it took 8 months before his wife felt better. With that I know I have a long road ahead of me. Yes, I'm already tired of taking all the pills, creams, etc. and in the back of my mind I wanted to quit but someone on this board gave me the strength to go on.
    I think it will be worth it if all I feel is 50% better.
    Take care & good luck,
    Sheila
  4. LdyM

LdyM New Member

Hi Kristen, I've been disabled with CFIDS for 11 1/2 years. FFC is the "last house on the block" for me. If they can't help me, no one can! I believe in them. I think you will too!

Love, **LdyM
  5. keke1972

keke1972 New Member

Lovingeart, I live in Bristow, Va which is about 25 miles from Washington, DC. I plan on going on Dec. 27. I just hope the money this costs is well worth it. I tried herbs last year from a man who claimed he could cure FMS/CFS so, I am a little hesitant also. The herbs never worked. The only thing they made me do is use the bathroom all the time. So, I am hopeful. Hopefully all of us will find some relief.
  6. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I think you`ll be very happy you went. I have had it at least 15 years, I think probably most of my life. I go to the FFC in Dallas, Tx. I started in April and am 60-70 percent better then I was. Expect it to take about a year to get to the 90 percent improvement.

I felt better immediately the first days and weeks. The IV`s gave me a lot of energy and took away some of my pain. My doctor said the only people that didn`t get well were the ones that wouldn`t follow the treatment protocol. He said no one is hopeless. If they can`t help, they can refer you to someone that will. They had another clinic for hard core patients that need more treatment.
  7. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Kristen:
    I know exactly how you feel. I was very skeptical and have spent so much money on alternative care over the last 3 years, with no help.

I have been a patient at the Denver FFC since June. I flew there on my own. I have a treatment plan I'm following and can't believe I'm starting to notice changes! Didn't think it was possible. But I have to say I was worse for the first 4 months.

My doctor told me last week that I'm in the "top 25%" on the sickest scale in the office. If I can see improvements there is hope for everyone. It's not cheap but they will get to the bottom of your problems.

Cindy
  8. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Kristen- They will not stop until they firgure you out and get you the help you need! You may feel worse first and it may take up to a year but that is alot better than staying the way you are!

I have only been sick for 3 years and I am lucky I don't have Lymes. I also am at least 80% better! My worst day now is what used to be my best day. Some days I have to make myself lie down to rest and pace. I am doing amazing things now. There were so many moments when I doubted myself and doubted my treatment but I committed to stick with it for at least six months and I am so glad!

Take Care Lynn

[ advertisement ]