FFC update 8/24/05

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilbird, Aug 24, 2005.

1. lilbird

lilbird New Member

Hi all,

I had a phone appt. with Dr. Whiteman today. My latest blood test's look good. They were the NK Cell and the Thrombolic panel.

My growth hormone is low, so I will start growth hormone shots 6 days a week. I have never given myself a shot, don't know how I'm going to do with this one. I might have to have someone do it for me for a while.

I am still somewhat fatigued so he is switching my Throid med. to pure T3. I was on T4 T3. He thinks I might do better on the straight T3

I had a positive lyme test some 15 or so years ago so we are going to start to attack that. He is sending me Cumonda. I am not formilar with this porduct and will be doing some reserch on it. He said I may have a little herxing but didn't think it would be to bad. In a way I hope I can feel it doing something, that way I will know what we are doing is working.

I guess thats about it.

Cathy

2. pepper

pepper New Member

I think that there are many of us on this board who are keeping track of all of you who are working with the FFC's. We are very interested in hearing how things go.

Some of us up here in Canada are even trying to figure out how to get there if we can or get similar treatment up here.

When I was learning to give myself B12 shots I bought some needles and practiced injecting water into oranges. My GP's nurse told me that is how she learned in nursing school!

Please continue to keep us posted. And good luck with the treatments.

Pepper
  3. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

I have an appointment next Wed at the FFC in Seattle. Every post about other FFC visits or experiences helps me feel like I'm doing the right thing. I wonder what it would be like not to be tired? Thanks again!

Francie
  4. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Thanks for the tips! I hope you know that your post about the experience you had there is what made me pick up the phone and make an appointment. Are you still feeling good from the IV? Hope so. Thanks again--talk to you soon!

Francie
  5. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

There is a wonderful little device called an Accuject. You get it at Diabeticsexpress.com You load the medicine in the syringe, place the syringe in the device and with a push of a button the shot and medicine are delivered all at the same time.

My husband was giving me the shots because I just could not bring myself to do it. I can do the accuject. It so easy and you only need one hand! My friend has a diabetic 4 year old ans she gets 5 shots a day she told me about he Accuject. her daughter gives herself the shots. I decided if a 4 year old could do it so could I. I am such a weinee!

About the IV's. The nurse who gives Iv's in Atlanta is great. She gives them all day long and is a real pro. I am on Heperin so I bruise easily and I never even get a bruise. I am OK if I just look away and she talks to me the whole time. They have cold or warm packs and she puts a warm pack on my arm and covers it up so I never even see it. You are in a lounge chair and they play relaxing music. I usually talk with whoever else is getting an Iv if they feel like it or I read. Tell the nurse you are squemish. It certainly is not a great experience but tolerable and not so bad.

Good Luck and I am so glad you are on the road to recovery! Lynn

6. lilbird

lilbird New Member

thats good info on the accuject. I will check that out. I don't really mind shots to much, don't get me wrong I don't really like them, they just don't bother me much. I'm just not sure about giving them to myself. My dad is Diabetic and I can't even poke my own finger to check my blood sugar.

I do have lots of EMT and parametic friends to help get me started. My daughter is an EMT and probably can't wait to get her hands on me with a needle.

Cathy
  7. lilbird

lilbird New Member

Over night express. He also sent Samento and Burbur to help with the herxing. I took my first dose of everything, so here I go. I have cleared my calander for the next couple of weeks incase I get real sick.

Cathy