FFCers: How long did you take Famvir ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by namow, Sep 20, 2006.

1. namow

namow New Member

Just wondering how long do they want you to take it, it is very expensive, even having insurance!
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I was on Famvir for about 1 1/2 years. After that, I only pulsed it when I felt a chronic virus trying to reactivate. I now take Acyclovir because Famvir is so expensive. It works as well but does upset my stomach a bit.

I seldom have to take AV's anymore because I took the transfer factors and now pulse them for a couple of days every six weeks. The TF's are amazing. I think it is helpful to take AV's to get the viral load down and then switch to the TF's. The TF's train the immune system to recognize and kill specific viri and bacteria. Immunity isn't permanent, so that is why one must continue to pulse them.

Love, Mikie
  3. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I was on it 8 months but iut worked for my EBV. I am normal with that one now! I also took Doxy for Mycoplasma. Good Luck I feel much better. I hope it works for you! Lynn
  4. namow

namow New Member

You have to take that for quite a long time, I thought it was maybe about three months or so..I'm flipping out!!!

Maybe I can talk to my doctor at FFC and see the alternatives because it is way too much money :(

But thank you for your responses!!!!!!
  5. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I'm looking up AV posts in the files, and so thought I'd go ahead and post them in case anyone else is interested.