FFC'ers..how many were told they had hypercoagulation?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meowchowchow, Nov 6, 2005.

1. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

And then were put on heparin? Just curious.

Thanks,
    Meow
  2. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I haven't been diagnosed with this. My numbers were fine.
  3. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

I have it and was told that something like 75% of their patients have it!

Dani
  4. lilbird

lilbird New Member

I was tested for hypercoagulation but my numbers were good. I was told that there are allot of FM/CF that do have it.

Cathy
  5. browneyes259

browneyes259 New Member

....so I'm not sure.....

Hugs,
    Jen
  6. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Meow. We've talked about it so you know I have it to! I have been retested and my numbers were much better although still not normal. The injections get easier and better just hang in there! Lynn
  7. intrigue

intrigue New Member

I'm on day three of heperin.

My stomach is so swollen and bruised ... I'm not sure where this evenings injection is going to go.

I keep hearing things will get better ... but this is sure going to be a long week at work.
  8. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Ice Ice Ice. Get a couple fo packs of frozen peas and put them on your tummy for 15-20 minutes immediately after the injection. This helped me so much!!!! The swelling will go down but my bruise has never gone. It's just not as bad! It will get better. Hang in there! Lynn
  9. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Meow,
    My Dr.in Los Gatos told me I had it, and then told me to drink at least 70 ounces of water a day. He said it was because of my Diabetes, and the water would help keep my blood "loose" and maybe help prevent a stroke.

So, I drink all that water. My blood tests in the past few years have been normal, so I keep on drinking the water.

Good luck. Oh - I'm not on any medicine to thin my blood because I react to them in such a way that I hemorrage right away.

Hugs,'Terry