FFC'ers in Atlanta or Anywhere

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lillypad2, Feb 4, 2006.

1. lillypad2

lillypad2 New Member

Does anyone feel good after 7 months, if you have viruses and bacterias? I want to quit my heparin after 3 months, has anyone done this?

Thanks
    Lisa
  2. leubie

leubie New Member

Hey Lisa, i live in Griffin- its about 40 miles south of Atl., please post back- id love to get to know you!! I have to go back to work now- but will be off at 8p.m. email me if you like!! eubanks3094@bellsouth.net talk w/ you soon. Laura
  3. lillypad2

lillypad2 New Member

Why don't you fill out your profile? I tried to find out something about you, but no info. How long have you been sick?

Actually I don't live in Atlanta, I go there all the time to the Fibro and Fatigue Center. I live near Asheveille, NC. If your new to this board it is full of information.

Keep in touch

Lisa
  4. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I hope you won't quit the Heperin. I started it back in MAy and am still on it BUT>>>> I am feeling tons better. It is flushing those nasties out so the medications and supplements can do their jobs. I have been retested for the Hypercoagulation 2 times now. The first tme my number had gone down dramatically but still was not in the normal range. I will get the results of the secodn test next week. I also will get the results of my mycoplasma and EBV retesting and I am crossin my fingers I can start weining off the antibiotics too.

I hope you will consider hanging in there. From the people I have talked to since I started last April the ones who are following the protocol are getting better the fastest. If you don't have Lymes you should start seeing improvements over the next couple of months

I had so many doubts and wanted to quit so many times but I am so glad I didn't. I am doing things I have given up hope of doing! Lynn
  5. MKlady

MKlady New Member

I started at FFC Las Vegas in September.

I committed myself to a year of closely following the protocol before I gave up - and lbgcoleman, you give me hope that it will work!

November and December were pretty good (fatigue down, pain up) mostly after starting and adjusting to candida diet, but January was the pits.

At the end of December, the doctor told me I could eat whole grains again (I was losing too much weight), but it turns out I couldn't tolerated it - made me supremely fatigued. Plus I had a herx (flu/fever/itching/hives) on Famir(EBV). Have been elminating things to figure which caused what.

I feel better now that I've gone back on the strict Candida diet and quit Famvir. Getting ready to start a different anti-viral, maybe this week now that the fatigue is lifting again.

Haven't started Heparin yet, either...maybe in a couple of weeks after the anti-viral. Not looking forward to another herx, but if I can do it without the crushing fatigue it would be easier. Am on ABX too - no problem with that!

Hang in there Lisa, we'll make it!

Mary
    [This Message was Edited on 02/05/2006]
  6. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi Lisa,
    I go to the FFC in Marietta, GA. I have never tried the heparin, so I don't have a clue about it. I see Dr. Bullington. She is great! Is that who you see?
    Kellyann
  7. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Have you tried Eziekial bread? It is sprouted wheat and you can find it in the frozen section with the health food. I do really well with it! You could start with one piece. Just keep it in your fridge. They have it at Publix and Kroger.

Also look for Vans wheat free waffles they have them at Publix in the health food section as well.

You can get Wheat free tortillas at Whole foods or HArry's. I love these things. I make all kinds of wraps and quesadillas with them. I use a very small amnount of cheese.

These products have really helped me overcome the bread cravngs and help me stay satisfied! Lynn
  8. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

About four years ago, when I was still taking Effexor, I began to gain weight for no reason. At that time my internist, who subspecializes in weight control, talked me out of eating most starches altogether except for one corn tortilla a day.

At the time I didn't know that it was the best thing for FM/CFS. It was an adjustment, but in time I got used to it. Now I don't even miss the starches except I do occasionally have a small amount of rice. Every now and then I miss sugar, but I find that overall, I just feel much better when I just don't eat sugars and starches. Of course, this doesn't have much to do with tyhe FFC's, does it?
  9. MKlady

MKlady New Member

I'll certainly look at Ezekial bread as a break from rice cakes. After my elimination diet I'm back on it again - no eggs, no sugars, no dairy, no more than once piece of low glycemic fruit daily, no wheat...now experimenting with low glycemic grains...it's imiting, but I feel so much better. Just haven't licked the candida, EBV and myco's yet - Have a while to go...

Hugs,

Mary