FFCers, weight

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chopindog, Feb 6, 2006.

1. chopindog

chopindog New Member

I am saving money to go to the FFC in Salt lake. I have put on a lot of weight since I became ill with this DD. I know some is inactivity some hormonal some horrible food cravings and giving into them.

My question is. If those of you who gained wt. because of this illness have lost some or all of it with treatment.
    Also, do they help you witha nuitrition plan, and help figure out food allergys etc.

Replys about wt loss from anyone are very welcome!!!!

Thanks, Joy
  2. chopindog

chopindog New Member

Bumping for more replies
  3. MKlady

MKlady New Member

I've lost actually more than I wanted to...thanks to both thyroid meds and very restricted candida diet...I'm hoping now that the fatigue is lifting that I can do some toning and firm up the flap - that should reduce dress size and keep the weight up since muscle is heavier.

Yes, if you have candida, yes they put you on that diet, and if you don't they can do a food allergy sensitivity test, but it's expensive - someone posted about it earlier. Called LEAP and it's $495.

Hope this helps!

Mary
  4. lbconstable

lbconstable New Member

Hi Joy,

I have been getting progressively better over the last 2+ years through supplements, cleansing regimen, heparin, antibiotics, and some low dose thyroid & cortisol treatments. I have regained at least 80% of my energy and have lost 30 pounds. It seemed like everytime I added something new to my program that worked I lost a few more pounds.

I also did the candida diet for a couple of months (lost about 5-8 pounds there). I'm also dairy & soy intolerant and have pretty much eliminated these proteins from my diet for two years. Although I have been adding them back in to my diet over the last couple of months.

I am still losing 1-2 pounds every month, but don't really want to lose anymore. Am hungry a lot. I attribute this to a functioning metabolism.

I'm not going to an FFC, but my treatment has been similar to their protocol.

Best of luck with your treatment!
    Laurie