Fially A diagnosis

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Imnoangle, Nov 7, 2002.

1. Imnoangle

Imnoangle New Member

I went back to my gp today with a bunch of stuff on fibro. She told me she got some test results back that show degeneritive disc disease. At least now I have an idea whats wrong. I hope this finds everyone well. Even though I was not diagnosed with fibro, I will still be here to support all the wonderful people on this site that have supported me. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Thanks,
    Dawn
  2. Imnoangle

Imnoangle New Member

I went back to my gp today with a bunch of stuff on fibro. She told me she got some test results back that show degeneritive disc disease. At least now I have an idea whats wrong. I hope this finds everyone well. Even though I was not diagnosed with fibro, I will still be here to support all the wonderful people on this site that have supported me. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Thanks,
    Dawn
  3. allhart

allhart New Member

im sorry to hear about your dx and at the same time happy you finally got some answers there are others here that also have ddd so i realy hope you stick around for support you would be missed if you left

kara
  4. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Not good you have degenerative disc disease, but glad your persistance with the doc paid off. I too have that disease and very unpleasant and painful.
    Soft hugs.
  5. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

I am glad you got your diagnosis--It is a relief to have your discomfort validated, and named. I have a bum cervical and lumbar spine, and it has to be one of the toughest things to deal with. Hoping that now you have a diagnosis, that you can begin a positive treatment.
    Best wishes,
    Karen
  6. lindasue

lindasue New Member

I have the same thing going on in my neck...Sorry about the pain you are going through.....
    HOWEVER....If you have pain in other areas. Like a feeling deep in your bones...or just the muscles...and it seems to radiate thoughout your body...or sometimes in the bones of your hands, feet, legs, etc...you get the picture. Don't settle for the dx that you got!!!! I'm not trying to put your dr. down in any way!!! Or trying to make you have fibro. I just know that for a long time my fibro was dx as soooo many different things...mainly by drs. who don't believe in the DD!! I have a lot of different things wrong with me...like many of us here do....BUT that does not take away the FACT that I have
    CFIDS/EpsteinBarr/FIBROMYALGIA....and at times I'm sick as H---!! So, just listen to YOUR body..and if it tells you that something more is going on......then it IS!! and go back to the dr. and tell her.....or find a new one.
    I hope you don't misunderstand what I am saying here.. I just want you to make sure that your well-being is the MOST important thing to your doc. And if something more is going on....she doesn't just pass it off because the dx she has given you is something she can "see"....
    Hugs and Blessings,
    Linda Sue
  7. LindaGa

LindaGa New Member

I also have ddd and they kept telling me that was my problem and then I had pain elsewhere a few weeks later in shoulder and back and hip and they still said it was ddd and it turned out to be fms when I went to a rhmy LindaGa
  8. JP

JP New Member

Hello Dawn,

I am sorry to hear about your discs.

My doc believes that my widespread pain is secondary to my back injuries. It could be and yet I remember this widespread pain prior to the accumulated back injuries. It's anyone's guess really. The chicken or the egg...At any rate, take good care of your back and your health. Listen to your body.

Be well...jan