FIBOLADY - H/A Update from Lisa May

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LisaMay, Nov 1, 2002.

1. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

I can't remember if I told you I saw the neuro last week. He thinks I have something called Visual Dysfunction. He requested a MRI of my brain. I had that today. It was not too bad until the last 10 minutes. I was desperate to get out. Fortunately, it was an "open" MRI, not the tunnel. They also injected a dye in my vein to show contrast in the pictures. I'll be seeing my neuro next Wednesday so he can interpet the pictures.

I did switch to the Ultram, added Flexeril, and I wear a magnetic necklace religiously. My headaches have somewhat subsided and now I'm not sure which of the 3 helped!

I hope things are good for you today. I was sorry to hear about your split from hubby. I wish good things for you!

Take care. Hugs, Lisa
  2. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

I can't remember if I told you I saw the neuro last week. He thinks I have something called Visual Dysfunction. He requested a MRI of my brain. I had that today. It was not too bad until the last 10 minutes. I was desperate to get out. Fortunately, it was an "open" MRI, not the tunnel. They also injected a dye in my vein to show contrast in the pictures. I'll be seeing my neuro next Wednesday so he can interpet the pictures.

I did switch to the Ultram, added Flexeril, and I wear a magnetic necklace religiously. My headaches have somewhat subsided and now I'm not sure which of the 3 helped!

I hope things are good for you today. I was sorry to hear about your split from hubby. I wish good things for you!

Take care. Hugs, Lisa
  3. sapphire

sapphire New Member

I couldn't keep from responding when I saw that you wear a magnetic necklace. I wore one for about 3 years until this summer. It started looking a little dull so I put it up. My neck has been hurting since July really bad. Dr. thinks I may have a ruptured disc. Anyway, I hadn't even thought about the necklace till a few days ago and I dug it out and have been wearing it ever since. Guess what? My neck pain is almost nonexistant. I think I'm gonna try to shine it up a bit and keep wearing it. This is the best relief I've had in months.
    Whatever the reason, I'm glad your headaches are better.
    Can you explain what visual dysfunction is? I've never heard of it.
    Have a good weekend.

Sapphire
  4. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

In my particular case, it consists of the following: constant headaches ranging from mild to severe, light sensitive, dizziness sitting/standing/moving/still/eyes open/eyes closed/laying down, pain in occiput (base of skull)/temples/forehead/directly behind the eyes, seeing white spots in my perpheral vision at least 4x a week, seeing abstract shapes/figures in white/gray while my eyes are shut, and difficulty focusing my vision both close and far ranges. It drives me nuts....

I'll post my results next week. Thanks for asking! Lisa
  5. sapphire

sapphire New Member

Thanks for explaining what that is. I'm having alot of problems with my eyes right now. Doesn't sound like that though. That sounds horrible to have to deal with. Like we need something else, right?
    Let us know how your mri turns out. I hope everything is ok.

Take care,
    Sapphire