Fibriods CFS Looking for suggestions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CarolynAnne, May 11, 2006.

1. CarolynAnne

CarolynAnne New Member

Last month out of the blue, both legs started swelling. After a trip to the ER and many test they deamed it edema and sent me home with lasix. My GP had more test run (Blood, CT Scan, Doppler Sonogram and MRA)... They were not able to find anything to do with swelling. I chalked it up to this crazy disease. My doctor said this may just be progression of my CFS.

Two night ago I got a call from my GP letting me know that the CT Scan did show 3 large Fibroid tummors 1(4.5cm x 3cm) and 2(3.5cm x 2cm). It also showed a 2.5cm cyst on my ovary. Haven't I had enough fun with this DD, now this!I am dumbfounded...I am 34 and hope to be a mother someday. I have done some research online and have an ob/gyn doctor visit next week. I am pretty nervous regarding my outcome.

I have read on the this website that some of you have gone through this. Any thoughts about treatment - I have read that Lupron will probably be prescribed. Any thoughts.

2. elliespad

elliespad Member

Uterine fibroids are solid muscle tissue growths in the uterus. The causes of uterine fibroids are unknown, but estrogens, especially estradiol, promote their growth.

I have 3 natural treatments which may help with fibroids. Please take the time to do a search for each of these and decide if treatment would be worth a trial.

1. VITEX-Vitex works through another important chemical pathway, the hypothalamus-pituitary axis, to balance female hormones. Vitex increases luteinizing hormone production while inhibiting the release of follicle stimulating hormone, leading to an indirect increase in progesterone and a normalization of prolactin levels. The combination of actions produced by vitex seems to restore the estrogen/progesterone balance.

2. Bio-identical Progesterone cream

3. DIM ( diindolylmethane) - phytonutrients from cruciferous vegetables - helps support improved estrogen metabolism. We actually have 3 types of estrogen.

E3 (estriol) - the least powerful and most beneficial, comprises 80-90% of human estrogen
    E2 (estradiol) - the most powerful and most carcinogenic
    E1 (estrone) - has similar properties as estradiol but is considerably less biologically active

If I were treating myself for Fibroids, I would use VITEX and DIM. In fact, I currently use the Progesterone cream, and I used to use the DIM, for Estrogen Dominance. I think I will get some VITEX and try it anyway, since it works to normalize the hypothalamus-pituitary axis. hmmmm

[This Message was Edited on 05/11/2006]
  3. CarolynAnne

CarolynAnne New Member

4. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Would VITEX balance the hypothalamus - pituitary axis in a post-menopausal woman?