fibro and birth control pills

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kkane79322, Jun 26, 2006.

1. kkane79322

kkane79322 New Member

Has anyone taken bc pills and felt alot worse with symtoms and pain?
  2. shanel06

shanel06 New Member

I take b.c. pills in part to avoid the really bad symptoms and pain. In my case I have both FM and CFS. My CFS flares are horrid during my periods, my weakness increases ten fold and my dizziness comes on in spades. I can handle an increase in FM pain better than I can the weakness and dizziness.

I'm not sure that the pills affect my FM that much. I do know, however, that my mother could not take b.c. pills at all because it mucked with her hormones too much and increased her arthritis pain to unmanageable levels. So there is likely a correlation.

Shannon L.
  3. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I take them to control my periods and I am sure without them, my monthly flare ups would be much worse.

I will be dealing with menopause soo I guess, but I want to get my fibro under control first (one thing at a time).

Take Care,

Sue in Ontario
  4. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I never did well on B.C.. I don't remember how it affected my pain but it did a number on my mood.

Sofi
  5. dafoefan

dafoefan New Member

I take jasmin birth control pills. I usually take 3 or 4 packs in a row before taking a break and having a period. I've even gone longer, my gyno does it too.

I think it keeps me on a more even keel. I don't know about symptoms as far as pain. But if mentally I'm doing better, I think I'm better off.

My 2 cents.

ps They do have a new pill (Seasonale) for 3 mos in pack that you take continually. I'm sure my insurance wouldn't pay for it. My dr. says it is no different than what I'm doing.
  6. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

YESS.

i was on bc pills before i got sick,
    because i have horrible cramps when i get my period.

when i tried taking them after i got sick,
    it was horrible.
    my fibro symptoms flared, my migraine was alot worse,

and it took me like a week to figure out why i felt so bad.

needless to say, i'm not going back on them,
    no matter how bad the cramps are.

-danielle