FIbro and Diabetes?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kwsmom, Oct 21, 2008.

1. kwsmom

kwsmom New Member

I have had Fibro now for about 5 years. I have recently had some really bad flares. Dr. sent me for blood work and I have just been told I am a diabetic. How many of you have diabetes and how does it affect your fibro? Any replies are appreciated.
  2. jaba520

jaba520 New Member

I was diagnosed with both at the same time so unfortunately i cant answer that ?. My problem is doc is more concerned with diabetes than my pain and i am more concerned with my pain. Good luck AMY
  3. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

I'd been dx'd with fibro for approximately fifteen years and had suspected I was diabetic for about three before I found a doctor willing to do an HBA1C test to confirm it. My triglycerides were always out the roof, but my old doc would not run the test, for whatever reason.

I think both are a pain. Both the fibro and the diabetes. But I was amazed at people's reactions when they learned I had diabetes, because there was a concern and compassion shown that had never,ever been shown regarding the fibro. I pray that someday fibro will be as well understood and recognized as diabetes and other illnesses.