Fibro and Fatigue centers ???????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by reileen, Mar 17, 2005.

1. reileen

reileen New Member

Does anyone know of these centers that are opening up ????
    Has anyone gone to one of these centers ????? One has just recently opened up in Pa. and I was wondering if they are legit ???? If anyone has or knows of someone that has benefited from these centers would they please respond to my message.
    Thanks a Bunch !!!!!!!!!!!
  2. deelite127

deelite127 New Member

i'm from pa..where did the center open?

thanks
    Dee
  3. ckahele

ckahele New Member

the one near philly has been open for awhile i guess but the one in pittsburgh has been opened only 2 months. i have my first appt. on march 29.
    i finally decided that after suffering thru numerous doctors who knew little or nothing about FM/CFIDS that i would seek treatment at a place where:
    1) that's what they specialize in
    2) they're up on the most current treatments/research
    i'll keep y'all posted as to my progress.
  4. EgyptStarr

EgyptStarr New Member

Does anyone know of any centers like this in Northeastern Oklahoma, or where the nearest one to my area would be? I live approx. 45 minutes north of Tulsa.

OR... where can I search to get this info?

Thanks in advance!

Hugs!
    Starr
  5. glk2756

glk2756 New Member

one opened in Cleveland and the website to check all locations is: www.fibrocenter.com
  6. EgyptStarr

EgyptStarr New Member

Thanks so much! I will DEFINATELY be checking that out!!!

Hugs!
    Starr
  7. EgyptStarr

EgyptStarr New Member

The URL you gave me did not work. I tried several searches, on MSN and Google, and even a few variations, but it could not find anything even close. Would you double-check that info and re-post? I would RRREEEEEEEAALLLYYYYY appreciate it!

Thanks so much!

IMPORTANT EDIT: I found it! it is: www.fibrocenters.com

The 's' in fibrocenters is crucial, I guess.... lol

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction! I couldn't have found it without you!!!

Hugs!
    Starr[This Message was Edited on 03/18/2005]
  8. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

The correct url is www.fibroandfatigue.com Give that a try.

Hopeful4
  9. EgyptStarr

EgyptStarr New Member

I checked out the URL you posted and actually they both go to the exact same site.

www.fibroandfatigue.com

www.fibrocenters.com

Kinda strange, but they are BOTH working links to the same site! lol

Hugs!
    Starr
  10. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Egyptstarr (love that name) Yea...glad that both url's work, I didn't know.

Reileen: check other threads, esp. see Cleveland Fibro and Fatigue Center March Posting. Many folks are talking about their experiences, their improvements, costs, the doctor there, etc.

Have a sunny day,
    Hopeful4
  11. wishingonastar

wishingonastar New Member

You can also do a username search under SusEQ, Sarasmom, and myself (Wishingonastar) to read about our work with Dr. Juguilon at the Cleveland FFC. Sarasmom takes both of her children who have been diagnosed there. She went first, then SusEQ, then myself, in that order.

Please let any of us know if you have any questions. We'd be happy to answer them the best we can.

Wishingonastar
    [This Message was Edited on 03/23/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 03/23/2005]
  12. ellie-b

ellie-b New Member

I am new to this posting site but have had fibro and fatigue over 4 years and it just gets worse. I live near ofSalt Lake City, Utah and a center just opened her in January and I have been twice. They took lots of blood, found some things normal but some not, thryoid was not working right. and my harmons are really screwed up. They gave me (for a $$$$$) alot of supplements. and on my 2nd visit I got some prescriptions. They had to be filled in at a compounding pharmacy in Colorado. The dr. was with me for about 1 & 1/2 hrs. the nurse took a long time with me also they really went over my symptoms and med. history.

I have also worried about being legit!! I looked them up on the better business burel couldn't find any reports. They are expensive and don't file insurance claims. I don't know what my insurance will pay. But I can't live like this!!!

my next app. is april 4th I will let you know how that one turned out. Hope someone else has gone to one so we can compare notes..... Thanks
  13. rinaldo

rinaldo New Member

Hi, Im going to the ffc in pittsburg. I was very sick in the beginning . they have me on nystatin valtrex all kind of vitamins and herbs and viral ivs I have more energy now and im sleeping better. My stomach always hurts and my mouth is so dry and tons of canker sores. Now i am so achy i cant take it. The doctor now wants me to take diflucan. I am so confused . Already spent 3000.00 do not know it i want to continue or not
  14. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

it may take 6 months to a year to really see marked improvements. You absolutely will feel worse for a while. When they figure out the underlying causes of your illness and start treating them you will get better.

I have posted on this board extensively about my treatment and recovery. Also the costs do start going down. i am in maintenance now and doing really well. Lynn