fibro and fatigue

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lillieblake, Jun 30, 2008.

1. lillieblake

lillieblake New Member

Saw an ad in the Sunday newspaper for a seminar at Fibromyalgia & Fatigue Centers. (

Has anyone had any experience with this organization?

I am so tired of being tired and even though my docs are good about addressing the fibromyalgia, they don't address the fatigue.

Sleepily, Lillie

HURTIN New Member

I'm sorry, but I can't say that I'm familiar with that organization. I just wanted to share with you something that seems to help me a little bit. My rheumatologist provides samples of Provigil. Unfortunately, my insurance won't cover it, so I'm totally reliant on samples.
  3. charming

charming New Member

Hello Hurtin:) tell me more about this medication please. I had been diagnose with fibromyalgia in 2003 and now it seems to be getting worse but I work nights don't want to take narcotics or opiates but need something other than motrin and neurotin. I do use pro health fibro multi complete vitamins it does give me a boost of energy with out it I would be out of a job.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/03/2008]

HURTIN New Member

Hi Charming. My Rheumy started me on Provigil about a year ago & it's helped me tremendously. I still have episodes of tiredness; but they're nowhere near as bad as they were bp (before Provigil). He's been fighting a losing battle with my insurance company because they want me to try "something else first", before they will approve the Provigil. The "something else" (can't recall the name) is new, experimental with a boatload of side effects. My doctor is still appealing their decision because he agrees that it's silly to "try" something else when you're already working with something that's tried and true.

This is possibly a good drug for you to contemplate with your doctor because according to my doctor; Provigil was initially geared towards "shift workers" who work long hours.

The following information is copied directly from the Provigil website.

PROVIGIL is a prescription medicine used to improve wakefulness in adults who experience excessive sleepiness (ES) due to one of the following diagnosed sleep disorders: obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), shift work sleep disorder (SWSD), or narcolepsy.

LISALOO New Member

Look up all the posts for FFC. Basically I wasted more than $10000 like others.

s good if you never have had all the tests done, otherwise, not helpful.

Some centers are better than others.
  6. Mwitherite

Mwitherite New Member

It does just what it sounds like. I take 1x5mg twice a day. It really helps and I have noticed that I sleep a little better at night then too, kinda like crashing, but completely welcomed. I am still tired, but it helps me keep my eyes open while I am staring at my computer all day at work. (really that is saying something, my eyes get heavy by 9:30 if I forget to take it.)