Fibro and fatique centers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kasilou, Feb 15, 2006.

1. kasilou

kasilou New Member

Hi,
    Does anyone know anything about the Fibromyalgia and Fatique Centers? They are located all over the US with one in Pittsburgh, Pa. which would be fairly close to where I live. They have a website but was curious if anyone had any first hand experience. Also, know any good doctors in the Pittsburgh area. Trying to cover all bases and would like to have some pain free days.
    Thanks for any info.
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Bumping for more responses
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Bumping for more responses
  4. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Hi Kasilu,
    You may not be getting lots of replies because this is a question that comes up so often.

If you just do a search above for either FFC -or- Fibro and Fatigue Centers, you will find lots of info from people who have gone to many of the centers.

I've been going for almost 11 months. They are very strong in doing comprehensive testing like you've never had before. Even when I had cancer, my doctors did not do such extensive testing. My oncologist was very surprised to see my lab results.

They do a very good job of addressing the multiple factors involved such as hormone imbalances, immune dysfunction, and finding and treating underlying infections, viruses, etc.

Many people on this site report great improvements, often going through a period of feeling worse first. It is not a quick fix for anyone. Some people have not been pleased.

I went for 6 months with no improvement, and got worse. I switched care around that time to a center that opened closer to where I live. At that time the Dr. had some suspicions, and re-tested me for Lyme Disease...yes I did have it, chronic lyme. If it had not been for Dr. Marti in Seattle I would not have gotten the proper diagnosis. Now I'm in the early stages of treatment.

Wishing you well,
    Hopeful4
  5. Empower

Empower New Member