Fibro and food

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by txplowgirl, May 23, 2011.

1. txplowgirl

txplowgirl New Member

Hi everyone, I have had Fibro since I was 7 years old. After many dr's and lots of meds I finally got the actual diagnosis at the age of 44. when I was diagnosed tried alot more meds and nothing helped untila few months later I recieved a periodical in the mail talking about how 75% of people with Fibro has food intolerances such as gluten. Since none of the meds I was taking was working I thought I would give it a try.
    Gluten is a protien found in wheat, rye and barley. Gluten has been shown to cause over 300 different symptoms. Anything from pain and swelling to bloating, depression, anxiety, anemia, asthma, flu like symptoms, IBS type like symptoms, Chron type symptoms, migraines, fatigue, etc. Then I found out that the nightshade vegetables causes pain and swelling in the joints and muscles. Also, that fibro sufferers need to cut out Aspartame and MSG. This can cause anything from pain to stomach upsets. Then came Soy. Soy can cause all the above type symptoms as well as dairy also.
    I was so surprised.
    My pain levels in the last 2 years have come down from a 9 1/2 down to a 3 or 4 and my fatigue has come down from a 9 to about 6. Still a work in progress but I feel loads better expecially since I went gluten free.
    Give it a shot, what do you have to lose?
  2. herbqueen

herbqueen New Member

If people with autoimmune disease such as lupus and MS and autism have reversed their illness through diet-than I'm sure it has effect on other diseases in the autoimmune spectrum like CFS and Fibro, lyme etc.

check out the MS recovery diet, the swank diet, Mcdougall diet, lupus recovery diet, and raw diet testimonials/books.