fibro and foot pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tigerlily0677, Oct 26, 2011.

1. tigerlily0677

tigerlily0677 New Member

Back in 2001 I started having severe foot pain after I went to an amusement park. I was told for the last 10 years that I had plantar fasciitis (inflammation of the Plantar ligament in the foot). Usually, plantars fasciitis goes away after a few weeks but I have dealt with it for 10 years nonstop. Now, I can't walk very far, sometimes even going to the grocery store will make my feet hurt for weeks. I've had surgeries on both achilles tendons which the doc said would help the pain. I had a doc tell me years ago that the pain in my feet could be because of the fibro. My symptoms in my feet do resemble plantars fasciitis but I don't fit all of the criteria.

There are so many things I wish I could do, like go to Disney Land or climb the Beautiful mountains in Colorado.

Has anyone else had similar symptoms?
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

She puts on socks and rubs the bottom of her feet back and fourth over the edge of the coffee table. It hurts to do it but it breaks down the facia knots and, eventually, gets rid of the inflammation. Flexing the foot while doing this works better. Bood luck to you.

Love, Mikie