Fibro and sleep

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by krissy888, Jan 6, 2007.

1. krissy888

krissy888 New Member

Hello,
    I have fibro but have no difficultly falling asleep. I dream constantly all night and toss and turn a lot too. Do you think I am getting the right stages of sleep? My husband says that sometimes he cannot wake me so I must be in a deep sleep but I am not tired when I wake up, just not full of energy at all throughout the day.

Thanks Krissy
  2. sore-n-tired

sore-n-tired New Member

There's no way to tell without having a sleep study performed. In my case, I used to toss and turn all night and was tired in the morning and in the afternoon. My doctor recommended a sleepy study becuase of my weight and age and snoring. I first found out that I had periodic limb movement disorder (PLMD) and was "arousing" 30+ times per hour, never even getting into REM sleep, so they couldn't tell if I had sleep apnea or not. So after being treated for PLMD, I had another sleep study performed which confirmed that I had sleep apnea and my oxygen saturation was going down to 88%. Now that I am on a CPAP machine at night, I go to bed, wake once to turn over in the middle of the night, and wake up refreshed in the morning. NO MORE TOSSING AND TURNING!!!