Fibro (brain) fog is good sometimes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, Aug 24, 2006.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I thought of it the other day while driving with a crummy front tire. I read online that you should not panic if you have a blow-out tire, no stepping the brakes, and no stepping the gas pedal. I thought that if I DID have one, my brainfog is so bad I wouldn't panic simply because I react SOOO SLOOOW!

Another thing: when my x-husband wanted to trigger an argument, he mostly failed, since I wouldn't remember the stuff he was talking about, so I resorted to tell him I had to think and get back to him. Getting back to him would take a day or two! Argument put on ice, emotions calmed down- wonderful! That brainfog was sure helpful!

Does anyone else have any input on why firbro fog is GOOD sometimes?
  2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I used to get upset too when my family didn't remember when I was talking about something!

Now I'm the one standing there like Manuel in "Fawlty Towers" (John Cleese, don't know if you've seen this series?), or like Patrick Star in Sponge Bob,,,LOL!

(I do hope you watch Sponge Bob even if you have no small children, it's funny for not-grown-up grown ups too!
  3. Scapper

Scapper New Member

I used to remember exact wording of arguments, conversations, everything.....this would allow me to remember all hurtful words too. I don't have that problem any more :) [well, not as often :)
  4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Grownups!! I try never to talk to them unless ABSOLUTELY
    NECESSARY! The "brain Fog" comes in most handy when I'm
    at a Restaurant with my son and it's my turn to pay.
    "What was that Son"! "Oh, no, I remember I payed last
    time". He usually feels "sorry" for me and picks up the
    tap! Naughty MRDAD!!

Sorry you have to worry about a bald tire!
    Take care Lena,
    MRDAD

5. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Another thing, my mother who is 71 and have severe fibro have to email to remind me of my family members birthdays,,,THAT is bad! Oh, no, i was supposed to bring up when fibrofog is GOOD!

Oh, thanks Mrdad (yes, you're bad!), the bold tire will be taken care of soon by a friend of mine.
  6. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

We love Sponge Bob! My kids have all the shows taped, plus they have bought some others at the store. BTW, I know the guy who plays Patrick Star....we were at the same college, Univ. of Idaho! Terri