FIBRO CENTERS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by maxsy1221, Nov 9, 2005.

1. maxsy1221

maxsy1221 New Member

Hello all.....newbie and first time poster!!
    I too am CONSTANTLY on computers looking, searching and hoping for WHATEVER may be of ANY help for fibro!! I did read about these centers before and now know they are in process of building many more centers!! THANK GOD!! I can only HOPE and PRAY they they are the miracle sooo many of us need!! My question is this....does anyone know if they will be building in the Illinois area?? I would gladly go daily if need be but can't go out of town for procedures. Is their protocol supposed to be used forever?? Who in the world could afford it!! Doesn't insurance cover any of it?? I pray for all of us that this could be our answer!! I'm so glad to be here...it's soooo informative for me.
  2. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

Welcome to the board. I am not familiar with the Fibro Centers, but just wanted to say hi.

I'm sure you'll get some good input from others shortly.

Kinsie
  3. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I live in Wisconsin, so I had called and asked because I heard a rumor of one being built in Chicago. This was in August. They said that they may have one by the end of the year. I go to the one in Cleveland. Out of town package, first appointment in person, phone followups. Look up the Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Centers Web site and you can find an 800 number for information. That's how I asked about Chicago.

Their protocol is not supposed to be used forever. Somethings, like a low thyroid, maybe needed to be treated for life. But in my first consult, the doctor talked about how they want to get me healthier than I could wean off some of the drugs and supplements. I pay 20% of all appointments and lab work. I probably spend about $200/month on supplements, but what they give you is only suggestions, you don't have to get the supplements from them. Many I find cheaper elsewhere.

4. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Why did you choose cleveland? Isn't the Michigan one closer? Detroit? I,m in MN and was thinking about trying it.
  5. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

How much for the out of town package? Marie
  6. acesk

acesk New Member

$1000 for the out of town package - first in-person visit with the doctor and an IV (if you want it) and 2 follow up phone calls that are with the doctor. Plus supplements.

Sue in Florida
  7. maxsy1221

maxsy1221 New Member

Thanks to all that replied! That would be great if they build one in chicago!!
    I'm an hour from downtown chicago!!! Have you or others found relief with going? I would hate tp spend "another" 2 or 2 thousand, for just another "something" that might work! It just sounds like to good to be true so just wondering if it REALLY, REALLY works.........thank you ALL for replys!!
    pam
  8. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

There is a Fibro Center at Pulski and Elston in Chicago. 20 mins from downtown....haven't been yet but, have heard great things.