Fibro centers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bettydroop, Jan 8, 2006.

1. bettydroop

bettydroop New Member

Just a couple of questions..
    How do you go about finding out IF ( I know most is not covered) your insurance will cover even out of network providers? Do you give them the name or go and just hope or what??? I also assume that you will have to continue paying for the supplements which I am sure are very expensive as well. Anyone on expensive long term supplements??
    Thanks much. Betty Boopered.
  2. bettydroop

bettydroop New Member

Please if you have gone there- I Know people go---Thanks
  3. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

I assume you are talking about the FFC's?

You have to check with your own insurance to see if your coverage includes out of network. Mine did not last year but we were able to change to a plan that covers it.

Call your insurance co and they should be able to tell you if they will cover it and at what percentage.

The FFC has you pay at the time of visit and then they give you all the necessary paperwork to file on your own. They either reimburse you or deny them.

Dani
  4. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

I think you're talking about the Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Centers.

Before you go to your appointment, you can contact your insurance company. Tell them you are interested in seeing an out of network provider, an M.D. Ask them what they would cover from the visit.

At the office visit, you are required to pay in full. They will give you forms to submit to your insurance.

The labs are separate from the office visit. Also ask what they would cover from Quest Labs. The lab may be on their list of providers. Quest will take your insurance card and bill them directly for you.

Supplements do get spendy. The idea is to boost you up and help you get well, then eventually go on a maintenance level of much less supplements.

I have found some of the supplements for less on the internet.

Good luck!
    Hopeful4
  5. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member