Fibro/CFS and Stress

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Spoonerpaws, Jul 24, 2003.

1. Spoonerpaws

Spoonerpaws New Member

Who believe their condition was brought on by stress?

And did your condition improve once the stress was gone, or you learned how to deal with stress?
  2. yellowbird

yellowbird New Member

at a time in my life when I was pushing myself to the limit, emotionally, mentally and physically (I was also very happy).

Relapses are definitely brought on by physical stress, mental/emotional I'm not so sure.

Reduction in various kinds of stress doesn't seem to help, really... once I've relapsed, the cat seems out of the bag so to speak.

yellowbird
  3. Momskelleygirl

Momskelleygirl New Member

my doctor says that the fibro has been there but that the stress both good and bad that i have suffered in the last year and a half has acclerated the fibro to the point to where it is now.
    Like the day after my daughter's wedding last year was the first real stress factor that really set off the pain of fibro, I could not even walk the next day.

before that i was showing alot of the other symptoms aslomg with pain, but that day was the start of the really painful times of fibro, and it just started to get worse from then.
  4. zestytx

zestytx New Member

I think I've always had fibro, or at least since I had an accident with a horse about 40 yrs ago. But the year I turned 30, my husband lost his job, I had to close my business because my sister was stealing me blind, my mother died AND we had to move the family to another town to find jobs. THAT's when it all started to get bad for me, and I've had flares off and on for years. Now when I can rest enough, I feel pretty well, but when I am working a lot of hours that are stressful, the pain and fatigue come back.