fibro/cfs...sleep apnea?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fleeta, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Fleeta

Fleeta New Member

Thanks so much for the replies !!! I just know that I'm feeling better with the c-pap.But I also know it's not a cure.But...the sleep is wonderful !!! I truly feel that my body is now able to heal as I sleep. Do ya'll agree?..Hugs...fleeta
  2. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

I would never have believed it...that I had acute obstructive sleep apnea less my son kept at me about my lack of breathing and a near fatal accident! I scored a 10 on the sleep study and that was quite the convincer.

I take 3 'whatevers' of O2 with my C-PAP and am awaiting the heated humidifier (long story). And yes, if I stay in my spinal wheelchair or on the spinal mattress I almost feel normal! I can once more go to a shop or craft event and no pain. See my son at his Karate tournaments...the chair opened many doors closed. The C-Pap w/O2 makes sure there is enough O2 in my blood to do and function as it should.....what I thought I knew was so small compared to what I have learned of late! Lil'
  3. Fleeta

Fleeta New Member

Hi Lil,Boy we never know eh.I wasn't surprised at my dx,sine I had been having problems upon waking.So glad you have your c-pap.I have to wonder if there's a correlation with fibro/cfs and the apnea.What do you think?...Thanks, fleeta