FIBRO Clinic in Texas

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keepmoving, Aug 5, 2005.

1. keepmoving

keepmoving New Member

I have an appointment with the Fibro Clinic in Dallas, Texas. Would like to hear from anyone who has been there or knows of the Texas clinics. I really believe along with my Fibro I have a thyroid problem, but my Rumey doesn't do all the tests they do at the clinic. Your feedback would be appreciated.
  2. keepmoving

keepmoving New Member

Yes, it is. They have one in Dallas, Ft. Worth, Houston, and soon one to be in Austin.
  3. keepmoving

keepmoving New Member

I spoke with Paulette Kennedy at 1-866-443-4276. Paulette can set up an appoitment with any of the clinics. Good Luck!!!
  4. keepmoving

keepmoving New Member

Here is more info. @fibroandfatigue.com they will send you info regarding the thyroid
  5. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I go to the Dallas Fm and Fatigue Clinic and they are great!! I saw Dr. Spurlock, there is also one other doctor there. They found many things wrong with me when my regular doctors found nothing. My thyroid was a big part of my problem. I was low on all my hormones, I tested very high for the Epstein bar Virus and mycroplasm infections.

I am on Doxy and anti-virals and thyroid T3/T4. He also put me on some hormone replacement and some supplements. Doctor Spurlock is very knowledgeable about these diseases and also the thyroid. I was happy I went there and I`m sure you will be too. It`s worth every penny to finally get some answers and deceint treatment.

I am feeling so much better already and I`m only about half way through my treatment. My activity level has increased from a 1-2 to a 7. I am so happy to finally have some hope again.

I wish you best of luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

Sandy
  6. keepmoving

keepmoving New Member

Sandy,
    Thank you for you input. My appt. is not till Sept. 19th. I am in California right now, but we are moving to Georgetown, Texas on the 1st. I will let everyone know what I find out. I was diagnoisd many years ago and have been on SSDI for over 6 years. But the complaints I have had, which I believe are thyroid, are never addressed by any of the Rumey's. So, I am willing to put out the money and get some answers. As you know, with Fibro we become the experts and must find answers ourselves, and get very good at diagnoising. The same is true with learning what we can and can not do, and how much energy we excert.

Let me know if there is anything else I should know before my appointment.

Thanks, Sherri
  7. keepmoving

keepmoving New Member

8. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Hey Everyone:

I don't know anything about these Fibro Clinics. Please share with me where they all are. I heard you mention Houston and Austin,Texas, someone said PA.?????

Can I get some addresess and toll free numbers for me to find out more about them?

Please, please, please this sounds like something I would love to do.

Hugs,
    Francey54
  9. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Bumping>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  10. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

This sounds so good to me. I live in Oklahoma and have found only two doctors that even know what fm is. The rest think its all in your head. I wish I could go to a clinic in Texas. Right now waiting on SSI, I have no insurance and cannot afford to go out of state anyway. Plus I can't fill a script for meds in Oklahoma from a Texas doctor. Anyway thanks for letting us know about the clinic. Hopefully I can get my SSI and have medicare and go to this clinic. I would really like to see a doctor that can help with fatigue as well as pain. I do have a good doctor that understands how bad the pain is, so for now I guess I am doing the best I can. God bless you all, Julie
  11. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

My doctors told me my thyroid is fine too, even though is has lots of nodules on it and cysts. They are full of it and I wish they would get a clue about these illnesses. Most of us have problems with our thyroid, pituatory, etc. We have a big disfunction of the immune system, and the adrenal glands. This causes our all our hormones to be out of wack and our immune systems very low. We also have some infections going on such as Epstein Bar, Lyme, mycroplasm, herpes viruses.

Your going to be surpised with all they find. They take alot of blood for the lab something like 20 viles so don`t be surprised by that. They also give you a book put together by the founder of these clinics that explains this illnesses so well. He had it himself and he got well and wanted to help others get their health back.

If I think of anything else I will let you know.
    Sandy
    [This Message was Edited on 08/07/2005]
  12. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Search FFC and you will find lots of people around the country who go to these and are getting better. Search my name or sarasmom, suseq, cindycor, wishingonastar. We are all getting better. It takes 4 or more months so be patient. Also I have done everything they have asked me to do. I have detailed my experiences on this board. I go to the Atlanta FFC. Good Luck and feel free to ask any questons! Lynn
  13. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I am a patient at the Houston office, and am a medical professional and I have been more than pleased with my care there.
  14. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

I wanted to thank you for the info on that fibro website. I went to it and it is great!!!

They have quite a few centers that are convenient for me to go to.

God Bless.

Hugs,
    Francey