Fibro diagnosis v. Ms diagnosis?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Nellie2, Mar 29, 2003.

1. Nellie2

Nellie2 New Member

I'm curious about the difference between fibro and MS. I went to my reg Dr. appointment 3 weeks ago, he scheduled an MRI and then referred me to a Nuerologist. The MRI on my lower spine showed bulging discs but nothing else significant.

I have a strong tremor in my right arm and have had episodes of uncontrollable shaking (my whole body) and then "blacking out" for a few seconds. I have not fallen down from those episodes but have felt completely exhausted.

When I went to the Nuero he ordered a brain MRI and said it looks like MS.

Does anyone know if this is typical. I guess I am asking what people think. Its so quick to go to MS in my opinion, since I only got the official dx of Fibro last fall.

Thanks everyone.
  2. Dayle

Dayle New Member

more problems in your life. As if fibro wasn't bad enough but my understanding is that they can be pretty sure about dx with MS TODAY. My Dad in law had MS & coped pretty well until his death from cancer at age 62.
    I will pray that you don't have MS tho cause w. fibro you have enough.
    Blessings, Day
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Did your doc do an ANA blood test? MS can be as difficult to diagnose as FMS and docs are not always correct in their diagnoses. I would get a second opinion. You are in my prayers.

Love, Mikie
  4. ReneeRN

ReneeRN New Member

Hi, According to Doug Kaufmann and many of the doctors he host's on his show Your Health on familynettv think they are both related to systemic yeast/candida syndrome. He has several books out. His first book, "The Fungus Link" has diet and supplement info for many candida based diseases. Thought this might help.
    God bless, ReneeRN