Fibro- do you have a problem with losing & finding things?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Apr 25, 2007.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

Oh my gosh!!!! I go through this every day. Where are my car keys? Where is my purse? Where did I park my car? If only I had a dollar for every time I've said "where are my keys" I try so hard to remember things, but it is just hard most times??? Most of you relate??

Kriket
    [This Message was Edited on 04/26/2007]
  2. clerty

clerty New Member

O yes I drive my husabnd potty I think I should destroy my visa card as I am going to really lose it someday I can never find my purse then I think I have lost my bank cards
    Today I am bad as I have a UTI I nearly got on the wrong train when I was going to the doctors.

Clertyx
  3. annaleeb

annaleeb New Member

I would lose my head if it wasn't attached, isn't it the most annoying thing. I will actually head off to do some thing, and when I get to a different room , for the life of me, I usually can not remember what i was going to do. :(
  4. Engel

Engel New Member

i forget what i went into a room to get (by the time i get there). I am a MESSSSSSSSSSS ... I have to write everything down.
  5. poeticbobbi

poeticbobbi New Member

I don't remember much at all these days.I can't find nothin,can't spell, miss appointments and make thousands of wrong trips. Like getting up to go to the bathroom but wind up in the kitchen,then can't figure out why I am in there until my bladder screams GOTTA GO GOTTA GO,then I realize I'm in the wrong room--lol
    I use post its for all appointments now,plus set a reminder alarm on my cell phone.So whenever someone visits they see post its on my mirrors and laugh,I laugh too and tell them" I ONLY REMEMBER MY NAME CAUSE PEOPLE KEEP SAYIN IT TO ME"...
  6. irishprincess

irishprincess New Member

i am either forgeting where my keys are or what i went into the room for or what did i want to do first, its terrible.
    irish
  7. jaariel35

jaariel35 New Member

I forget stuff all the time. Like what day it is, appointments, where I put things, etc.
    Just today I was looking for the suntan lotion. I KNOW we have several bottles of it that I put away in one place sometime a few months back. I remember putting like, 7 bottles of the stuff in one location, but I cannt remember what the location is! ANd why do I have 7 bottles of suntan lotion? Because I can never find it and I just buy new bottles! I'll probably find it again at Christmas LOL. Even things I do regularly I forget. Last year I was a HOSTS mentor every Wed at 10 am. After about 6 times of going, one Wed I just forgot! I was having a bad fibro day and in a major fog, lying on the couch when my husband came home for lunch and asked how HOSTS went. I totally forgot to go! So I called them quickly and made up some lame excuse, I was too embarrassed to tell the truth. Lucky for me, my husband remembers EVERYTHING so I rely on him a lot (more than I let on, even to him!)
    Hugs to all of you,
    Jane
  8. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

yes yes yes yes me too, get up to do something and have the forgotten what is was why I got. My keys, bag, phone you name it and Iam losing it got to the stage now when I lose something I can replace just buy new, its soooo frustrating..... I forget how to spell words too and it takes me ages to type these posts. Thank God for others who are in the same boat.............
    I now use my mobile to put in info like important dated, appointments n other things I need to remember, it works and its not a supplement or chemical

love n hugs to you all and have a great day.
    xxxxxxx
    thank you for this site its a sanity saver
    and Magnsium is the correct spelling i also take it....
  9. kriket

kriket New Member

It's lovely isn't it. The other day I drove about 10-12 miles to wal-mart and to pay a bill in the same town, got out of my car and realized I had left my wallet at home. Had to go alllllll the way back home then drive all the way back. Sometimes I wonder if I've just lost it or something!!!!

Kriket
  10. Cate41

Cate41 New Member

I forget everything! My family has now accepted the fact that I can't remember anything and they laugh about it. I have only 4 kids and I can't even keep their names straight half the time (at least I remember their names).

I have learned to call my voice mail at work to remind me of things that I need to do during the day.
  11. pat460

pat460 New Member

I have learned, when I go to another room for something, to repeat it over and over to myself until I get there cause that's the only way I'm coming back with what I need! My 9 and 11 year old daughters help some, but they aren't much better than me at remembering if it doesn't apply to them. Kids, you know! We keep a big calendar and write everything on it! I use spell check on my computer which helps a lot!

I put my purse in the same place every time I come through the door and I hang my keys on a little peg. Having a routine helps loads, but it's very frustrating when I am no better at remembering than my 77 year old Mom!

At least we're not alone, eh? Pat
  12. skyeone

skyeone New Member

It sucks the big one! I mix up my days, weeks, sometimes yes, even months. I also mix up words and forget how to spell. That's what's especially hard for me, as I was an english major in a past life (no I don't mean reincarnation, I simply mean somewhere in my past) and had wanted to be an english as a second language teacher. Sometiems life hands you lemons, and you just can't for the life of you, remember how to make lemonaide.

Skye
  13. Hairymel

Hairymel New Member

The other day I lost my keys no less then 3 times in one hour...finialy I told my son Mychal..here baby you hold Mama's keys in your pocket then we'll know right were thy are...it worked. Thank God for 5 year olds. He felt like a very big boy and I knew he didn't think I was a nut!

Hairymel