Fibro Doc Recommended Shingles shot....should I

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by joanng, Oct 31, 2006.

1. joanng

joanng New Member

I'm a little leary about getting this. My fibro doc said he recommends the flu shot and the shot to prevent shingles....I got the flu shot and had no problems. This is something new, so I may wait until it's around for awhile. Sounds dumb, I know.

joann
  2. kimkane

kimkane New Member

Hi Joann, I just got over a bad case of shingles. I had them on the side of my breast, under arm, and my face. It was horrible to put it lightly. Shingles pain is nerve pain. I would get the shot. It started under my arm, it got numb and itched like crazy. Then the sores came.
    You do not want these belive me.

Kim
  3. maedaze

maedaze New Member

I didn't even know you could get a shot for shingles!! So sorry I am absolutely no help to you. But I am always weary of having anything injected and like to hear of others outcomes first before deciding.

Hopefully some one on this board has had them before and can give some info on them. If I am not sure on something, I ask around and read up on it first. and then if i still can't decide, I will give it a miss. Anything and everything we put in our bodies is a risk to how we react...

And i have some weird reactions to things.. even some food!
    Good luck and hope you find out something about these shots. :eek:)
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Boy, I'd go for it, Joann. I heard recently that these were being recommended and it sounds wise to me.

Marta