Fibro doctor in Southern Indiana / Louisville, KY Area?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nerdieduckie, Aug 6, 2012.

1. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

Hey all,
    Sorry if this is an inappropriate thread, I haven't posted on here in a few years. I'm in a bit of a jam though.

My current Fibro doctor will no longer be accepting my insurance company in October, so I have to find a new doctor before then. Does anyone have any suggestions? My parents and I have tried doing Google searches but we've not had any luck.

Jen (nerdieduckie)
  2. crickett

crickett New Member

How far are you away from Evansville in??? Are you looking for a integrative dr or regular dr?? I have seen alot of drs in Evansville most just prescribe antidepressants or send you to a physcristrist. I have not seen any drs in Louisville ky?? I see dr Ann Butsch she checks your thyroid and tells you some things to do that are natural. Hope this helps crickett
  3. I see a pain management doc in southern indiana, dont know where you are located, but he is in New Albany,Indiana,
    Dr. Rickey D. Kinzey D.O.
    2580 Charlestown Road Suite#2
    New Albany, IN 47150
    Hope this will be helpful to you
    good luck
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member has a list of integrative medicine docs throughout the country. I have found in dealing with CFS that the only doctors who know anything about it are integrative medicine doctors, and think it's probably true for FM as well.

If you scroll over "health resources" near the top of the page, it will give you a link to click on to find doctors in your area.

5. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

Crickett - I'm about 3 hours or so away from Evansville, so unfortunately that's a bit too long of a drive.

Jaminhealth - I'll have to remember this about Grape Seed Extract. I didn't know these things. My current Fibro doctor would've told me when I first began seeing him, but he seems less about natural remedies, it seems.

SunflowerYellow - Perfect location!! I will have to see if they take my insurance. That'd be so handy, to have someone so close.

Mbofov - Thanks for the link. I will have to check it out.
  6. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

If you do find a doctor for FM in your area, would you please post the information here? I have a friend who is in the same area and looking for one too. If she finds one, I will post the info here for you. Getting a knowledgable doctor shouldn't be such a struggle. Here's hoping that things will change for people with FM and other little understood illnesses. Hugs, MicheleK