Fibro doesn't exist!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Aug 3, 2005.

1. I finally get my sister to hear me for the hundredth time I have FIBROMYALGIA. She ignores me as usual and talks all about her aches and pains (she really just wants to outdo anyone else, so she gets attention like always). Then the other day she says oh I met a lady that has what you have, I say what's that? She said that fibro thing. This gal said most drs. don't believe it even exists. GRRRRR! I said well she must be going to the wrong drs. then, because that's not true anymore. I can see her thinking that I have been making all this dd up. grrrrr!
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I think no matter how educated our doctors become there are always going to be people out there who will NEVER believe our illness is 'real'.

I choose to ignore them now fibrobutterfly although that's kind of difficult with a sister.

love
    Rosie
  3. Suzan

Suzan New Member

But, what can you do???Untill there is unanimous agreement on us by the medical community..we are stuck with people thinking that this isn't real. I wish those naysayers could live in my shoes for a week. Then they would change their tune!
  4. my sister unfortunately is one who could see someone in a wheelchair, etc, and still think that she is worse off then them and she is so healthy, but everything is always about HER. Don't get me wrong I love her, hey she's my big sis , but it does get tiring. I mean I don't even talk or tell people about fibro as it goes over there head, or no one knows what it is. Unbelievable with all the people having it nowdays.
  5. Frustratedandtired

Frustratedandtired New Member

I feel so lucky because my sisters are so supportive and they both work with other people who have fribromyalgia. I am reading your post and I don't know your sis or anything but she does say "I met a lady that has what you have" and "she said" most doctors don't believe it exists. Is there any chance you took what she said out of context? I know how it is with big sisters though!! I bite my tongue a lot!
  6. asvyper

asvyper New Member

then we wouldn't have to feel this pain and go through all this crap all the time. i wish it didn't exist either cause then we'd all be "normal".
  7. jbopooh

jbopooh New Member

all the doctors i have seen think it is all to do with your mental health- past abuse, post tramatic stress, etc.
    all i want is help with the pain!
    social security thinks the same - don't let your doctor put down anything to help them-
    heck your friends & family think it's mental-
    but all you can do is hold your head up high & get the help you need to deal with it
  8. Frustratedandtired

Frustratedandtired New Member

I have read many articles to the contrary. One even said they had done brain imaging and found differences in those with and without fibromyalgia. I'm like you, all I want is some relief from this pain that I know is real. Took me 11 years to even get a proper diagnosis after being treated for osteoarthritis the whole time!
  9. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

i wish it didnt exist then we wouldnt be sitting here aching and sore,in pain and grumpy very often in tears and angry.

im sorry this is coming from your sister its worse from familyas you cant strike them off as ignorant.i hope for her sake she will never find out first hand but i can see it now----oh my fibro thing is worse than yours!lol
  10. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

WHAAAT??? Who on earth told her that? Then say, she must have heard it wrong. LOL

Treat her like a knucklehead for even thinking such a thing? Like, who in their right mind would think it did not exist???

Sonya