fibro Dr. in Dallas, TX area?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Alwaasbize, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Alwaasbize

Alwaasbize New Member

Just came from a neurologist and he basically told me to get lost - my symptoms were my fibro ...

I need to find a Dr. here in the Dallas metroplex (I'm in Frisco) that "specializes" in fibro treatment.

When I was diagnosed a few years ago, nobody told me it would get a whole lot worse! My apologies ... I'm really angry and frustrated right now! (I'm almost 40 and I feel like I'm 85!)UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone recommend a Dr. for me to try??
  2. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

They have a Fm and Fatigue Center in Dallas that is excellent. I went to Dr. Spurlock and he is very kind and a wonderful Fm doctor. I started going their about 7 monthes ago and I am 60-70 percent better. I expect to contiune to improve. There are lots of posts here about the Fm and Fatigue Centers. Just type it in on the search and many posts will come up.

I know it is terribly frustrating with this illness. It isn`t your imagination, it does get worse as time goes on, I don`t care what the experts say. I wish you good luck.
  3. Alwaasbize

Alwaasbize New Member

Thanks ...

I'm tired of being told "It's only FM" and "there's nothing really wrong with you ..."!!

I'll see about getting in to Dr. Spurlock.
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I know what you mean. I was so sick of it too. There is so much more to Fm and CFS then most doctors know. I couldn`t believe all the things he found wrong when I was told by my regular doctor there was nothing wrong with me. Blood tests confirmed I had hormones way off, my immune system was so low, it was almost as low as someone with aids. Usually they find from one to 11 active infections going on. I had epstein bar virus, mycroplasma infections and some others. The doctor also said I had very low blood pressure when I stood up, and that made me feel very sick and week.

I could go on but you get the idea. There is much going on with us, we are very ill and need a doctor that knows how to treat all this. I`m glad you`re close to the doctor. I traveled way from North Dakota. I am so glad I did. I think it really saved my life as I was really going down hill the last 3 years. I needed help desperately. I am doing much better and will always have a special place in my heart for Dr. Spurlock and his nurses at Dallas, TX.