fibro feeling like the flu? Not mine...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Jun 15, 2008.

1. I have heard that fibro feels like the flu. Personally I never felt like that, I get PAIN alot and I never had pain with the flu. What about you? my dr. says everyones different and you can get SEVERE pain which I do all the time.
  2. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

What I mean when I say it feels like the flu is the aching pain that feels like fever. It is AWFUL and MISERABLE and makes me want to curl in a ball and cry.

I compare the fatigue to having the flu to explain it but that is not what I mean when I say the pain feels like the flu. I have other pain too, of course.

3. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

My ME/CFS feels like the flu.

My fibro feels like I got run over by a Mack Truck.

4. I meant not really aching I get the severe pain and the dr. said some fibro patients get severe pain. Lucky me ..NOT!
  5. katiebug61

katiebug61 New Member

Today is a good day, but on a bad day, I feel like someone beat me all over with a baseball bat. I hurt down to the bone. I want to just get home and sit in my recliner and cover up and sleep. At least when I am asleep I don't hurt. It is just such a deep aching, burning, hurt all over feeling. It is indescribable to someone that does not have FM. I am taking Lyrica and it helps 70% of the time and when it doesn', it is almost debilitating. When I am hurting, I will rest for a bit and then force myself to get up and go look at my flowers and vegatable garden. I love to see what I have planted growing and producing. It takes my mind off my pain for a bit. Hang in there !
  6. ironspine

ironspine New Member

I would describe my pain feeling like the flu feeling you get in your bones-achy. But my pain changes day to day, too. Other days it's like getting hit by a truck, or my arms feel all bruised, etc. I think pain is pain!
  7. blznbloomers

blznbloomers New Member

I am with you on the flu-like feeling and the change from day to day with the pain. Sometimes it is so achy and sometimes if I walk from one room to another it helps. From day to day the pain is different. When I am experiencing the flu-like pain, the thought of walking makes my stomach turn, not like a puking feeling, but a turning over feeling.

Today my pain is a 7. I rate my pain daily in a journal. I am a very irritated person today. I have been on pins and needles with my senses. I have sprayed and sprayed all day and can't get this smell out of my way. The sunlight is blinding, but the blinds make it more live-able.

I hope that tomorrow is better, I need to go to the grocery store. I haven't been in 2 weeks. I should be losing weight, but the Lyrica is making up for the food I am missing. LOL I hope your day is good. God Bless us All.