FIBRO FLARE UP AFTER EATING CERTAIN FOODS???????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by berley, Aug 12, 2006.

1. berley

berley New Member

Anyone ever eat certain foods and your fibromyalgia flare up? Certain things I eat for some reason makes my fibro worse. It doesn't make any sense to me. Like for instance tonight I had a salad. I added veggies, cheese, croutons and spicy bits on the top along with ranch dressing. About half hour later my pains starting getting worse along with feeling a little shaky. Usually when I test my sugar I'm OK. But that is kind of what it feels like beside the burning in my arms and back. I get to feeling weak also. Its very strange.

I've been trying to monitor when I feel this way lately. I thought maybe it was the carbs maybe, but here lately it seems to be almost anything I eat causing symptoms.

Has anyone ever experienced this one?????

Please help me if you have........

Kim

[This Message was Edited on 08/13/2006]
  2. Astarte

Astarte New Member

Inflammatory foods will not cuase flare ups...wine, pepppers, spicy food, cigarettes. However I did not see that you ate protein such as chicken or tofu. Personally I found I feel better with more low fat protein in my diet or I get the same way.

Since quiting my Ambien I start to forget to eat, remembering by 3pm to eat because I'm getting shakey. I keep grilled chicken on hand.

Star
  3. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

Yes. There are certain foods I have to avoid or else I have a fibro flare up. These include anything with lemon in it: anything with artificial sweetener in it and everything from such places as Sizzlers and all sorts of foods with additives.

Chemicals are a dead set cause of fibro flare up. Check out the ranch dressing and the cruchy bits....
  4. 143alan

143alan New Member

there are studies that show that certain foods increase pain if you have conditions like ours. My son has RND and in researching info to help him I ran across this information and found it to be true for both him and me. Cheese & chocolate are two main foods that will increase pain. It doesn't say that it will cause pain, but will increase it.
  5. ChristineInPA

ChristineInPA New Member

Was there any milk/dairy in the ranch dressing?

Did you wash the salad ingredients very well?

There are so many things...

I would try each item by itself over time and see if you have a reaction.

(You might want to edit your message to get out all of that blank space)

6. berley

berley New Member

Hi, Thanks for your response. I eat muffins almost everyday for breakfast. Yesterday I bought whole wheat muffins because I thought the wheat would be OK instead of the white flour. Im running out of breakfast foods to eat it seems like. I was eating eggs all the time then someone told me my cholesterol would go up. I cant eat cereals because of the sugar in the cereal and the milk. I'm running out of options. I'm starting to think food is my enemy. Thank you so much......

Kim
  7. diva42597

diva42597 New Member

My problem with foods usually occurs when I eat something that is very high in fat, sugar or just all out bad for you. I recently went on the "Jenny Craig" program and I am getting far fewer food related spasms. Actually, my spasms have decreased substantially since I have started being very careful about my food intake and exercise.
  8. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

They now say that eggs aren't as bad for cholestral as once thought.Just do a search on eggs,cholestral.Linda
  9. gerrih

gerrih New Member

Kim
    I have found a breakfast of oatmeal (kind you cook)(I use microwave) topped with Grape nuts and a little yogurt is perfect. I break up the monotony by adding fruit on top -- mostly strawberries and blueberries.

I have to use regular yogurt because i can't use artifical sweetners. I also have lactose intolerance and keep the lactose pills handy but usually find the small amount of yogurt that I use doesn't set off the spasms.

I also did the egg thing but was worried about my cholesterol! Egg beaters was just too expensive.
    Gerri
  10. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

I cannot tolerate cow milk or yoghurt (but, strangely, I can handle cheese!) but I now use goat milk and have none of the reactions I used to get with cow milk or yoghurt.

Worth a try???????