Fibro flares??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by amberN, Aug 4, 2006.

1. amberN

amberN New Member

HI...i'm new here. was wondering if anyone could help me out. The past week i have been feeling awful. i was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 2 years ago and i'm just wondering if any of you guys seem to have "flares"? it seems that some days are better then others, but this past week has been horrible! all i want to do is sleep.
  2. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

Yes I do get what I call flares. The last one started back in the fall and lasted though most of the winter. It was in my feet.

My feet became so painful that I could hardly walk. The way I discribe it is it felt like every bone in my feet was breaking. I was forced to walk very slowly, and kind of hobbled along.

My sister who also has fibro has been going though the same thing with her feet now for a couple of months.

I hope you get to feel better soon.

Barb

3. IowanMom

IowanMom New Member

You are probably having a flare-up.

I have flares, they seem to be in my hands and arms at the moment. The other day they were twitching and hurt with a pain of 10+, on a scale of 1-10. It was awful!

I go through spells of sleeping many hours. I can sleep 10 hours a night and still take a 2-3 hour nap during the day.

I feel for you. Hang in there. Yes, some days will be better than others. Just make sure you take care of yourself.
  4. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Yep I get flares too, we all do. Welcome to the 'FMaily' here, hope you come around often.

Tona
  5. Astarte

Astarte New Member

Yes, I get flare ups. They are the worst. NOTHING gives you even the slightest relief. I've even contemplated suicide the last time I had one, no quality of life when it happens. Try to focus on the good days though, or the ones that are less painful. That's what got me through. I've stayed off here the past 2 weeks because of depression, close to having flare ups, feeling that life isn't worth living and all that crap that crosses our minds.

But my dr. gave me cymbalta and it's helped relieve some of the pain, not to mention my energy level is a bit higher, and I'm more sane feeling.

But I'll get more flare ups and so will we all. Hang in there, keep posting, it didn't do much to stay away, it's better to stay in touch with everyone here.

Star
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Amber:

Yes, there are flare and why can be bad. You will know when you are in one. Everything is off and you can be leaded with loads of pain

I hope you don not have it.

nyrofan