FIBRO FLARES

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Annette2, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I have noticed that my flares come more often than they used to. That is, there is less time between each one than there used to be. Does anyone else notice that about themselves? I wonder what causes that? Yesterday and today, both sides of my rear end and both sides of my neck and shoulders hurt like you wouldn't believe! After suffering for 2 days, today I finally took a Darvocet which my rheumy dr. prescribed a few weeks ago. This is the first one I've taken since I filled the prescription. I decided I would only take it when all else has failed and to break the cycle of pain. It seems to have helped. It just seems like these flares come more often and get worse each time. Thanks for letting me vent!

Annette2
  2. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I have noticed that my flares come more often than they used to. That is, there is less time between each one than there used to be. Does anyone else notice that about themselves? I wonder what causes that? Yesterday and today, both sides of my rear end and both sides of my neck and shoulders hurt like you wouldn't believe! After suffering for 2 days, today I finally took a Darvocet which my rheumy dr. prescribed a few weeks ago. This is the first one I've taken since I filled the prescription. I decided I would only take it when all else has failed and to break the cycle of pain. It seems to have helped. It just seems like these flares come more often and get worse each time. Thanks for letting me vent!

Annette2
  3. swen

swen New Member

Hi Annette,
    I find my flares come more often in the fall and winter. I am just coming out of my very worst one ever. Normally I am pretty strong and just cope with flares the best I can but this one knocked the stuffing right out of me. Today was a little better so I hope it means I am coming out of it. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day for you too.
    I send you lots of prayers, smiles and gentle hugs.
    Chris.
  4. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I'm glad you're feeling better. Since I took the Darvocet earlier, I feel better too. I hope it stays that way. This whole thing is so frustrating and the worst part is that you never know how you're going to feel one day to the next. Our local Arthritis Foundation is giving a 7-week Fibromyaglia course and I'm going to sign up for it. I hope I get some good info from it! Take care.............

Annette2
  5. nje

nje New Member

yes mine seem to come more quickly than they did, and is getting worse,i have pain all over,especially, spasms in my legs,aching back,legs hurt and i am wobbly an dizzy and i have bumped into more people lately,they just look at me like i`m am old drunk woman,i`m already thinking about getting me a cane,or scooter,wheel chair if necessary,i can`t stand all this dizzziness,and bouncing around,stumbling over somebody,or even when i get on my knees to do somethingi`ll lose my balance,and fall right over,or backward, whether i am at,anybody around,cause when i go down, i`m down,i can` help it,someone has to walk in my shoes before they give me advice on anything,this isn`t a part of the topic we ars discussing,i`m venting now,i have brothers that give me their version,and even my best friend,said i must be taking too much medicine,heck i only take what the doc tells me too and the amount,before i had been diagnosed with fibro i took pills for depression,anxiety and sleep,stiil don`t sleep too much most of the time,now i take 2 pills from my rheumy. it just maked me mad that healthy people that never get sick in their life can look at you and say, well just keep pushing on,well i got news for them,let them have my fibro flares, we`ll see then whose pushing on.sorry,didn`t mean to write a book. nje