Fibro flareups could they be hormonal???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by srs7874, Nov 5, 2006.

1. srs7874

srs7874 New Member

The past few flare ups I have had have felt like bad PMS. I ache from my lower trunk to my knees, have shooting pains in my sides, break out with acne and basically feel like my period is on its way - but this lasts for weeks! Last time I had this type of flare up was in June/July and I actually had a pelvic ultrasound to make sure there wasn't something else going on, which there is not. Do any of you have hormone problems related to fibro? Do you ever ache in the way I am describing? Thanks in advance for any input!
  2. abcanada

abcanada New Member

I find that when i get my period now, everything elser is exaserbated as I'm already in pain. I'm kinda going through a transition period, as I had a baby 14 months ago. I just had my period and have been having a brutal flare for close to two years. I really do find those days are worse when there are more things to deal with. I would be interested to hear if there are any connections anyone knows of, Thanks, Laura
  3. bmadan

bmadan New Member

My flareups seemed to coincide with my cycle. It was like clockwork, just about the time my PMS was getting ready to begin, everything else started too. The lower back ache, leg cramps, break out, bloating, fatigue, etc. However, the past two months, it hasn't been as severe. Don't know what is going on. I had started to keep a journal of the daily pain and things so my docs would have better info on me, but I stopped. Might need to start that up again.

Barbara
  4. llama

llama New Member

Hi srs7874,

I'm at the perimenopausal stage of my life, so I know that my hormones are erratic. I previously had very mild PMS. In the last 2 years that has all changed, and with this change my Fibro flare-ups seem to be in synch with my periods.

So every month, I can count on at least 10 days of exacerbated Fibro symptoms. Another problem I've encountered, which I suspect to be hormonally influenced, is greatly elevated blood sugar levels (I'm a Type 2 diabetic on insulin)during those same 10 days.

I also ache in the pelvic and thigh region during that time.

Sorry you have these symptoms. I hope you can find a way to lessen this pain.........Jill...........
  5. srs7874

srs7874 New Member

Thanks you all for your responses. I'm not sure though if my question was understood :). I feel like I am having PMS but my period is not on the way. I am wondering if anyone aches in a way that resembles PMS - lower back pain, cramping, groin and thigh pressure - but is not PMS. I hope this makes sense!
  6. saintpaulia23

saintpaulia23 New Member

I would definitely say they were correlated for me. I have endometriosis and PCOS, so it seems when there's inflammation with one issue, others will follow along.
  7. carebelle

carebelle New Member

and when I was Dx with FM/CFS I was also starting into menopause. I feel like you said, I'm always getting ready to start my period. I also was told I did not produce seronton which I think is a hormone.I think this DD affects every symtom of our body.

I use to have terrible periods .I had a hestrectomy 27 years ago .My doctors told me it would take away the pain. NO I still have all the same pain I just do not have periods.

I think its connected somehow but I donot know how.I hope you feel better.
    I hope I made it clear ... I ache all the time and it feels just like I use to when I was starting my period .It never goes away now.Its 24-7
    I'm sorry to tell you that its like giving someone very bad news.

[This Message was Edited on 11/10/2006]
  8. carebelle

carebelle New Member