Fibro Fog and thanks be to bathtub overflow drains!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nanswajo, Sep 6, 2005.

1. nanswajo

nanswajo New Member

Flaring up lately. Fibro fog, pain, nightmares and exhaustion. Stressful week last week.

Tonight I thought I kept hearing the pump running. On my way to bed, when I went to turn off the light in the bathroom, I realized I had begun to fill the tub hours ago and then forgotten about it. It even took me a moment to figure out what was going on.

Good grief.

Nancy
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I didn't let it go for hours, but it happened for like 15 minutes or so. Now what I do is when I am filling the tub, I stay in the bedroom and make the bed up then. That way I hear the water running and won't forget. We have a gas hot water tank that means $$ now.

I take my baths in early afternoon or before noon sometimes. I've been saved about 2 times with my overflow letting the water out instead of it running over the tub edge.

More times, I have forgotten to rinse out the tub after I have used it, but there again I try to do that before I leave the bedroom. We have a hand-held shower head and it is a lot easier to rinse out after the bath then after it has sit for hours.

Hugs,
    Faye

3. Juloo

Juloo Member

This happened to my 9-year-old son last week, so it wasn't fibrofog, but he was mighty tired....

I realized one evening that my son hadn't come to kiss me goodnight before he got in bed, so I went looking for him. Not in bed...not playing a sneaky game of Playstation...no, he had fallen asleep in the bathtub and was snoring away!
  4. chopperdoctor206

chopperdoctor206 New Member

Hi Nancy,

ROFL, not only have I either forgotten about doing the dishes or other things. On my trip from Montana to Ohio I totally "fogged out". I got gas in my truck and then went to pick up some food. I was not gone 15 mins and totally forgot where I left the other truck. I went 2 miles past him and he called me up on the radio and asked me where I was going. I came back and he said that is why I am followiing him and we have a 2-way radio. Hmmm....yep it was a great idea. No telling just how far I would have gotten if we were not in communication. I can tell you we did arive here safe and sound and I did not get lost anymore after that (I did not let him out of my sight for one minute. HUGS

Doc
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Nancy:
    My problem is the stove. Often when I take something off of the stove, I forget to shut the electric off. Then I few hours later I walk through the kitchen wondering where the heat is coming from: the stove. Luckily there is never anything on it. But: a waste of $$$.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  6. abbylee

abbylee New Member

I did that with the bathroom sink. I pulled the stopper and turned on the hot water. Then, I got in the shower. About 10 minutes later my husband came running in. Water was coming out of the sides of the house!!

My husband was outside and noticed it. Had he been inside our house, he would not have seen anything.

Water was almost 2 inches deep in the bathroom and had already started soaking the carpets in the bedroom and closet!! (This was new carpet, too, which didn't make my day.)

Anyway, it finally dried but I don't pull the stopper on the sinks anymore.

abbylee PS As far as things go in the kitchen, I've started setting the timer when I cook anything. I've let water boil out of a pot when making tea, burned anything I try to fry because I left the kitchen and forgot about it!! If I go in the kitchen I don't leave until I've checked to be sure the water, stove, and microwave are off!!
    [This Message was Edited on 09/09/2005]
  7. wickett

wickett New Member

I know what you mean, I have had nightmares, and taking 30 minute naps during the day. I lose all my stuff esp glasses. Hang in there.....(wickett) Jeannie