Fibro Fog gets me lost

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ayhatch, Jan 11, 2007.

1. ayhatch

ayhatch New Member

I know that driving with fibro fog isn't recommended, but I am not really aware of how "foggy" I am until I'm in the care driving somewhere. I get in the care then get to an intersection and freak out because I don't know where I am or where I'm going. I find myself saying out loud.."Where am I, where am I going" Of course, it helps if someone is in the care with me to answer. By myself it takes a momemt or two more for me to get it together enough to recall where I'm headed.
    This is starting to scare me, because I have kids I'm responsible for picking up from school.
    Any one else with a similar story? Please tell me I'm not alone!
  2. Mwitherite

Mwitherite New Member

I thought that it was the Cymbalta making me lose my words and just "almost Stupid" But doc lowered that and I still ave a hard time remembering where my parking spot is and which streets to turn on to get to work. It is horrible. It is only a half hour drive but I have been leaving an hou before I have to be there so I have time to just think.
    I am 28. It is most definately scarey to not remember which pills you took and which one's you did. What is the date? Of course that is not all the time but the last couple of morning have made me realize that this Fibro fog is much more than forgetting a word here and there and nt remembering an acquaintances name.

Warm Regaurds - M
  3. llama

llama New Member

Hi all,

Thankfully, at least so far, I haven't felt like I'm lost when I'm driving. The trouble I have is that everything seems to be going so fast around me and I'm feeling like I'm moving in slow-motion.

On days when I feel that my reflexes are slow or unpredictable, I refuse to drive...I'd never forgive myself if I injured someone or myself because I literally was driving impaired. If I have to pull out and cross a busy intersection, I start to get panicky because I feel like I'm not looking in every direction as quickly as I need to.

Then, with all that twisting and turning of my head, I start to get dizzy and weak. Presently, I'm only driving about 2 or 3 days a month...usually going to a Dr. appt.

Does the misery of these DD ever end?? They impact every aspect of your life...and to think I used to love to drive!

Take care..........Jill............