Fibro Fog or Bad Kharma?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ayhatch, Feb 17, 2007.

1. ayhatch

ayhatch New Member

True I suffer from daily fibro fog, but I'm feeling like what events happened to me today was more "bad Kharma". I do believe in the law of attraction ...The Secret...and am trying to live that way. This doesn't stop bad things from happening, so I have to figure out why these bad things were allowed to happen.
    Yesterday I brought home a new (2005) car. I felt very guilty driving away from my old car. It brought both my kids home from the hospital and it had so many great memories.
    But, also my husband is very much against my getting a new car. Says we can't afford it, but the other car was falling apart and 13 years old and just not safe for me and the kids anymore. So, I figured that my temporary State disability will help make the payments until something else frees up or SS disability comes through.
    I just had to do it. I was smart about it though. I priced them out and got the best deal. I spent $23K on a 2005 Odyssey w/ 20k miles and it looks new.
    Now the bad Kharma part... I got the car yesterday and Today I have already backed into the side of someone's car, leaving a scratch on my new bumper that the dealer replaced because of a scratch it had when they got it (How ironic!); then a cop pulled me over cause he said I went through a stop sign, but as I was fumbling to find my reg and ins, he said he had to go to a more important call and to just be careful. Then, I'm waiting to pullinto a business driveway and someone nearly backs into me and twice while out and about I had to brake suddenly because of sudden traffic.
    I was a bit nervous driving today, to say the least! Is it just because I'm driving a new car and I'm battling fibro fog? Or am I experiencing bad Kharma (negative vibes via law of attraction) because I bought this car w/o my husband being on board and I feel unsettled about that and guilty about leaving my old car behind?
    Am I nuts here?!
  2. Febricula

Febricula New Member

I think the excitement/anxiety of driving a new and unfamiliar car, plus fibro fog, is *more* than enough to cause the problems you had. Feeling unsettled and guilty can also distract you while you're driving.

Plus, being worried about getting in an accident can become a self-fulfilling prophecy. I get very nervous driving as well, and I have to work to remind myself that a calm, relaxed but attentive driver is safer than an overly-cautious one.

Anyway, I'm not a Buddhist or Hindu and so I'm no expert on Karma. But I am 100% positive that Karma doesn't work this way! It's not simple cause-and-effect -- that much I know.

It sounds like you made the right decision to get the car (what's more important than safety?), so please don't see what happened today as some sort of cosmic payback from the universe.

And congratulations on the new car!

hugs,
    Febricula
    [This Message was Edited on 02/17/2007]
  3. pearls

pearls New Member

1) You got away from the accident with only the scratch that the dealer replace for free.

2) You didn't get a ticket for that stop sign incident.

3) The person didn't actually bump into you.

4) You braked suddenly, but you didn't get into an accident.

You didn't say anything about damage to the other car in #1, above, but considering all that was happening, it sounds to me like you had an angel on your shoulder, so to speak!

If you had that car 13 years, it was time to get a new one. They purposely don't build them to last much longer than ten years. Safety is a real issue for you and your kids, and especially since you have to bear this disease.

Gentle hugs,
    Pearl S.
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

ayhatch:

Maybe the stress involved got you into some scrapes, but never to worry. It all worked out and you did not fall apart.

Once you get used to the car you will probably have no problems at all.
    (let's hope, right!)

I am glad all worked out, though. Congratulations!!

nyrofan
  5. ayhatch

ayhatch New Member

Thanks... I'm feeling a little better.
    BUT, I didn't mention the car I hit. Well, it was a parked car. I looked at it and only saw paint, so rubbed it off. I would have done the right thing, if it was worse. But it wasn't so I walked away. I was across the street sitting outside looking at my car and the one I bumped and saw a woman put a note on the care I bumped. I thought...Oh, No..this busy body is going to make things worse.
    Well, the owner came back and started walking around their car and looked confused. I went across the street to tell them it was me, but that I actually had more damage and that they were fine. Well, SURPRISE they said if you look at their door from a certain angle you can see a slight dent. (You need to really look hard!) Anyway, it was a young guy and he was nervous. He's never had any damage on a car and it's his first car. So, he wanted to follow the rules. So I gave him my info and asked him to wait till Monday to report it cause I haven't contacted my Ins to transfer the new car yet. (It's the weekend.)
    Sooo, I'm afraid that this little can't really see it dent is going to cost me. I don't want my rates to go up either, so I may have to pay out of pocket. I don't know! I'm going to put it out of my mind till the guy calls me back. With my Fibro Fog it should be easy to forget!

Why do you think the dealer would fix the scratch? It was my fault?