Fibro fog or brain fog

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hagardreams, Jul 9, 2006.

1. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

How many of you have this?
    Also how many that have it have been accused of other things from those who dont seem to understand it?
    I get so tired sometimes of people falsy accusing me of things like staring at them, or when the words come out wrong, they make it into something it isnt. I feel so frustrated by this, and it keeps me in the house and away from people.
    I really hope this doesnt happen to any of you, but if you have been through this, please let me hear from you.
    Also any adivse on this, I have tried to explain my disease to others, but they dont seem to listen. Right now I dont speak to any of my dads family because of this. I have tried to make them listen, and finally gave up.
    God bless you all, Julie
  2. IndianPrincess

IndianPrincess New Member

...of lying because I have trouble getting my thoughts together and if takes me awhile to process what I'm trying to say.

I've also been accused of being deceitful because of the same problem or because I forgot to mention a minor detail.

Cindy
  3. dleaning

dleaning New Member

Yes, I have this (I think!). I am having a real problem with being social. I may be out there socially, but I never know what to say for some reason. A lot of the time I can never find the right word to use. I just blame it on having a "blonde moment"!

It is extremely frustrating. I almost don't want to socialize anymore. I also am the one that everyone seems to "pick on". I am also a very shy person to begin with, so that makes it a little harder too!

So, no, you are not alone!!!

Dawn
  4. Roseblossom

Roseblossom Member

Cindy, you know what? The problem isn't your Brain Fog - the problem is the kind of creepy person who would say such a thing to you!

I hope you can avoid them.

Best,

Roseblossom
  5. mrpain

mrpain New Member

One of the very reasons that I had to take early retirement from my carrier with my job I loved. Plus the other symptoms too, but it was too embarrassing with the brainfog and especially the position I had just moved up to..
  6. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

http://www.arthritis.org/conditions/DiseaseCenter/Fibromyalgia/fibro_fog.asp
    I was doing research on this, and I found this web site to send to all those people that dont understand me. Not that any of them will listen, but I am going to try.
    If anyone knows of any other web sites that have good info, please let me know.
    I am sorry to hear that I am not alone, but its nice to have someone to talk to that understands.
    I have been off of here for sometime, because of the mess with my granddaughter. I have been so depressed about not seeing her, and grandparents rights has not given me the help they said they would. Anyway, I hope to talk more with you all, who I consider my family.
    Thanks again to all of you who are there when I needed someone.
    God bless, Julie
  7. AudieS

AudieS New Member

Hi Julie
    Yes, I certainly can relate to the brain fog! With my immediate family, we find laughing about it makes it easier however, I also have become more of a "home body" due to this as well as how bad I feel a good part of the time. Their are several things to try that vitamin cottage carries. I will look through my files to find the names of the particular ones to try for it and send you the information. Can't remember right off hand...lol
    Good luck
    AudieS
  8. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

Sometimes I feel like I have alzheimers,LOL. I know I don't.I wonder if it is my fibrofog or if it is from my brain lesions.Apparently I have 4-5 brain lesions( my MRI showed in 2003)that are 'apparently' from migraines. No Dr. will discuss this with me.In fact,noone even told me I had brain lesions.I read it mysel whenI looked at my medical records yrs. later.When I confronted my dr. she said she didn't want me to worry about it.
    Anyway,I know I have trouble typing,letters go in wrong spot.I have been told I talk backwards too.(I tell them I talk with punctuation,LOL)
  9. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

Hi Julie,
    Fibro fog is my main symptom. But I retired three years ago, so it doesn't affect my job. I also don't socialize much (prefer it that way - much less stress).

My close friends understand when I can't find the right word, or pause in the middle of a sentence. I tell my family that it's a bit like dementia. And my wonderful partner has become my "memory". He no longer questions me when I say, "I don't remember."

Anyone who accuses you of anything, or puts you down, isn't a real friend. You don't need them - stay away from them. I just keep a small group of people around me these days. They are finally getting to understand me and this DD!

Hugs,
    Nancy
  10. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

I would love to be able to have the funds to get the word out to those who dont even know about fibromyalgia, and the complications. I know one thing, it has made me look more at other illnesses that I dont know about, and have a lot more compassion for others. It still is frustraiting that some people are so self centered that they dont even wnat to listen.
    I actually had a cousin that tried to tell me I was using that as an excuse for something. I find my self praying for that cousin, because he has no clue. I believe the Lord works in mysterious ways, and the bible does say,
    "Vengance is mine, sayoth the Lord", so with that I will put those people in Gods hands, and pray that no one ever has to suffer like all of us do on a day to day basis.
    God bless, Julie
  11. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

will help a little bit.I'll take whatever I can get!