Fibro Fog or Menopause

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ladybird1, Feb 24, 2003.

1. ladybird1

ladybird1 New Member

I have had almost an unbearble day trying to remember things and what to do next. I lost track of how many times
    I got up from my desk to do something by the time I got half way down the hall I had no recall. I can't even
    remember to do the things I write down correctly.
    Is it fibro fog or menopausal symptoms. I'll be 50 next and I think it is kicking the fog up a notch.
  2. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

It's one or the other....or both together! I'm going through the same thing. I've been bad for a couple of years now, but since the hot flashes kicked in, it's gotten worse!

Marilyn :)
  3. wings1

wings1 New Member

the same thing. I'm 47 and can't tell one from the other. I make a list to take to the grocery store and then forget I made a list. Then I get halfway home and remember I didn't get the one important thing I needed. Hate it!

Wings1
  4. TerriM

TerriM New Member

I'm 38 and still have my period, but the brain fog gets WAY WORSE just before my period. My Dr. said it is the other hormones kicking in and screwing up my chemistry even more. Terri
  5. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I have often wondered about this myself. I was 34 when I got Fibro, and started having night sweats at 37. At 44, I went through early menopause, probably due to the Fibro. I did not have any Fog to speak of until I hit menopause, even though I had Fibro 10 yrs. prior to that. What scares me, is that now that the fog is here, it keeps getting worse, even though at age 52, I am long past it. However, I look at most of the other women I know who do not have FMS, and many of them have memories even worse than mine. In fact, my husband's memory is a lot worse than mine, and he surely isn't menopausal!
    It seems to me that everyone's memories are getting way worse in the last decade or so. I think we are all overwhelmed with information...way too much for our brains to deal with, and we don't slow down, or give up some of the overstimulation. Everyone in our society is overstimulated, not just Fibromites. The brain can only absorb so much. That is why I put EVERYTHING on my calendar,and look at it all the time. If I lost it, I probably couldn't walk and talk at the same time!
    My point is that I don't think all of the mental problems we have are due to Fibro. Some of it is just the way life is in America in the 21st century. You add Fibro to that, and it's no wonder we have troubles.
    Klutzo