Fibro fog question?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hagardreams, Apr 5, 2010.

1. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

When I am having a bad fibro fog day, I notice that I will have a thought in my head, and it all the sudden rushes out, sometimes before I can say it.

Does anyone else have the happen to you?

At first I thought it was from my blood sugar, but I was talking with someone else who has fibro fog bad like me and they think its the fog.

2. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

it's because we try and get it out before we lose that thought! At least that's what I think when I burst out with the thought.
  3. loto

loto Member

I have this problem a lot!

It's so frustrating! My daughter sometimes talks so fast (or at least that's how it is to me), and I have to tell her to repeat what she just said, and say it slowly and clearly! She, of course, makes fun of me, but I just laugh with her and remind her that I sometimes have trouble comprehending what someone has said to me!!!!

And, I'll be talking about something and will lose my train of thought, or will just say something out of the blue, like to my husband, and he's like, what are you talking about? I'll have to remind him that I'm saying it while I'm thinking about it, before I forget to say it! Crazy!

And, you're so right---you have to laugh at yourself and keep the humor, or you'll go crazy!

4. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

I think I will try some grape seed and see how it works on me. Its so upsetting to have that thought or word, and try to get it out, but it just runs off from my head. Its like I want to reach out and grab it, but its gone!

My mother is bipolar and she thinks that because she does it that I am bipolar also. I have read that there are simularities between the 2, but they are different. I also read that before a fibro patients pain and fatigue is under control, they have simular symptoms, but once they are under control, they dissapear.

I have been seen by 3 psychiatrists and they all say that my mood swings are my blood sugar and my fibro, and I am not bipolar. I had to do a 3 month diary on my moods and blood sugar, and the second one showed me the fine line between the sugars and my moods. As far as the memory thing, they all have said that is mostly the fibro, and sometimes the blood sugar can make it worse, but the orginal cause is the fog.

All I know is that it is very hard to deal with, and I hope that the grape seed works, if not I am going to keep trying until I find something that helps.

Thanks to all who replied!

5. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

...before that you don't think you have FM. I appreciate, though, that you're trying to tell others what has helped you... many of the things you've suggested are good for anyone trying to maintain or regain health.

God bless all,

6. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

Thanks for clarifying for me! I know that when I find something that helps me, I tell EVERYONE I can, just in case it might help them, too.

Pray you all have a good night!

7. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Once again Kina - I agree with you. I've heard the same thing and I believe it. Sleep is a huge part of it and how it affects our brains. Fibro fog is not a circulation issue.

Jam- don't get defensive over things you've actually told us. Do you have FM - I wonder.
    I was told I had MS - I went to a support group as well. Doesn't mean a thing. The fact that you don't suffer from any of the other symptoms that the rest of us suffer from makes it hard for some of us to swallow when you give advice to what makes your FM better.

Your pain is OA and yes probably aging. I will never deny that I think it's great that you take care of your health and share your info with others. However we with FM are different and what works for general health isn't the same as what works to help Fibro. That's the difference.

YOU said you were misdiagnosed several times - that's where everyone got their information from. No one is putting words in your mouth.

Fibro fog- I have noticed that when my pain is worse, my fog is worse definitely. Less sleep, more fog as well. Sometimes I can't find a direct correlation. I don't think I have it as badly as many people do.
  8. luv2float

luv2float New Member

9. kellyamos

kellyamos New Member

Jamin, within this post, you first state that you have never had fibro fog. Here is the statement verbatim "I've never dealt with any fog but I've been on these antioxidants for going on 15 yrs. Works on our circulation and that would address fog issues. THere's plenty of info online and here about these supps and fog issues. jam

Then, a few messages later you talk of taking Grape Seed Extract and then state verbatim "From the very first dosage of Grape Seed, my brain fog cleared. It was WONDERFUL!! I've had brain fog for 4 1/2 years and with just one dose it was clear".

Jamin, I don't know what is going on with you, but recently there has been so much of you constantly repeating yourself in a ton of posts. Many people on this board over time have mentioned to you that it is getting quite old with all of your repeated posts, over and over, and over.

Now after seeing your postings here, where you state 2 completely different stoies, I have to wonder if you don't have a clue as to what you are typing.

Please give us a break Jamin, your posts are truly getting old and now ridiculous.....

10. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

but I say, let her. Let Jam post her thoughts. Even though she may repeat..there are new people here. Let her, be her. I think she is a sweetheart that just wants to share and help with what has worked for her. Take away what you will from her posts, or don't read them if she bothers you. She needs to be here as much as anyone else, and enjoys it. I don't take advice from "everyone" that posts..I do try some, in fact some of hers, and I do love the Vit. D3! I don't dare try the grape seed, my tummy! Just let her alone, and let folks decide on their own, and don't read her posts if you think she will be repeating something you've already heard from her.
    I love you Jam, thank you for all that you've shared here.
  11. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

That takes the cake.
    Because someone is able to finally do something good for her body (work on her treadmill), you say "doesn't sound too sick to me"????????????

I'll tell you what's worse between FM and OA. Fibro. I've had people who have OA and RA and when both found out I had Fibro, they said they couldn't imagine the pain. OA doesn't effect other systems in the body - it also doesn't have people saying "you don't seem to sick to me".
    If you had Fibro you would also know all of the other struggles we go through - emotional as well as physical.

Fibro Fog is not merely being a little confused, forgetting a few things, feeling low etc. If you don't know what it is, how can one recommend how to help it?

As mentioned TO DEATH - recommending anything that works for you is fine, in the right context. No one is saying there is anything wrong with anything you or anyone else are taking or recommending so don't anyone turn this into a 'supplement vs. big pharma" debate. It has ZERO to do with that.

The worse part is that there ARE new people - that is who I think of when I read some of these posts. As a matter of fact there is a person who posted on the Health board, just diagnosed, frightened to death about losing her 'life' (career etc.) to Fibro. We know the response she got. If I had posted that and that's the answer I got, I'd say, "give me some real advice, don't minimize what I'm going through!"

Let me make it easier to understand. As I mentioned at one point a Dr. thought I had MS. Told me I was in the early stages. I was devastated as you can imagine. I immediately joined the local chapter, read up on it etc. Later - a neurologist told me I did not.

Now, how would those who DO have MS feel if I posted on their support board all of the things I do, take etc. that have worked for me (now remember I don't have it but one Dr. told me I did, then another Dr told me I didn't and I do not have all of the symptoms, but they do), then say, maybe because I've taken all of these things, I've got a milder case, because of how well I've taken care of myself I've managed to stave off the horrible pain most of you suffer from.
    And when someone posts about how their life has been turned completely upside down, I reminded them to take their _______ (fill in the blank) because well heck, I feel good on it and I don't feel any of the problems you do so it must work.

Do you see why it's hard sometimes?

It's perfectly okay to recommend taking Vit D - I take it - but does it help Fibro? No. Do thyroid meds help Fibro. No. (I take those as well) So saying it helps Fibro or CFS/ME is misleading. That is where I think the information can be damaging to others ESPECIALLY new people who are coming here for a lifeline. Recommending certain things in the right place to the right people in the right situation should be taken into consideration in my opinion.

Some people come here for support - not just medication/supp recommendations - but to have others to relate to.

Does that give some understanding as to why some get tired of the repeated information? It's not the repeats, it's the information.

By the way - because others are throwing in information they are hearing or reading - I actually heard last week on TV (can't remember which show) that taking and excess of vitamins that are not needed in your body is NOT good for you. It's much better to eat what you need. An association was found between women who took a multi-vitamin everyday for 10 years and breast cancer. Not a cause and effect, but a correlation. I'd be happy to look up the information, I'm sure I can find it somewhere.

I want to hear from other who DO have FM on what has worked for them.
  12. bakeman

bakeman New Member

there is something wrong with you. you repeat yourself ad nauseam, but the problem is your 'stories' always change a little in order to prove a point you are trying to make. you have been doing this for years now. many members who have been here long enough to recognize this cycle, disregard most if not all of what you have to say.

"I went to an FM/CFS support group for years. Why the "H" would I go to a support group if I didn't think I dealt with FM"

good question. You tell us....& be honest.....

I believe this question is at the crux of the matter.

a theory of mine is that you participate in support groups because it fills a void in your life.

there are about 30 support boards at prohealth. you have participated in almost every single one. you are a prolific poster and it may be out of your control. this is not normal. most people participate on 1,2,3,or 4. for example i don't post on the AIDS board because i do not have AIDS.....

did you notice you seem to be at the center of many arguments? does this fulfill a need of yours?

look deeply......

13. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

that Jam is incapable of understanding or caring about the distress her posts cause for some of us on here.

people have tried again and again to explain to her, to get through to her why her posts can be distressing for people who actually have cfs or fibro. she never gets it. the whole thing is bizarre.

as far as -fog- what this post is supposed to be about- i have had bad bad bad fog- so thick you could cut it with a knife- just super spaced out duuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh type of head feeling- cant think or function. its horrible. but now as my cfs has improved i rarely get it. what has helped me? rest rest rest. I no longer work due to cfs. sleep as much as possible with rx meds (ambien), less sugar in my diet, adrenal supps, also i was on valtrex for a while. really the number one thing that has helped me is- rest/stopped working/reduce physical and mental and emotional stress. that has allowed my body to heal a bit. but it has taken YEARS of resting.

goodluck everyone- hope the fog lifts a bit for you.

14. bakeman

bakeman New Member

"I'm feeling lots better and don't care to hear the "sad" stories of those who don't want to help themselves more. Yes, I'd rather play bridge on that Sat. which I'm doing today."

well, i guess you're right. It's everyones own personal fault who is not feeling better or who has not improved as much as they would have liked even if they have tried everything under the sun. I'm so sorry we bore you with our sad sad stories of illness.

you still didn't answer the question......

sending hugs your way,
    [This Message was Edited on 04/10/2010]
  15. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

jam, that is such a slap in the face to people with cfs or fibro. it shows how little you understand about these illnesses and/or how little you care about the people who suffer with them.

i dont even know what else to say.

16. kellyamos

kellyamos New Member

I am astounded to read all of this CRAP from Jamin. It is rather obvious she has some mental issues going on, or ok I will be nice, maybe Dementia, Alzheimers...... How could any reasonable person read all these post directed to you Jamin and then you keep ranting on and on and on and about the same old stuff???

Jamin, it is sad that you just don't get it.....

Okay as my title states in this message... Ron White is a comedian and he is always right on..... His famous statement is "You just can't fix stupid"...... Do you all think it fits here?
  17. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

I am new here, and much like a "family", sometimes message boards can get heated. However...this disturbs me on so many levels.

I am usually unable to post, b/c of internet restrictions. There's another post somewhere that explains why, but don't ask me where b/c I forgot. I do a LOT of reading here, however. This site has been invaluable to me. And I remember reading the first posts, and saying to myself "there are other people out there JUST LIKE ME!!!!" That in itself was a Godsend.

I can understand the need to clarify a situation, but this just sounds like so much "right-fightinhg" to me. That is clearly only my opinion.

I just want to thank all of you who deal with this on a daily, on-going basis. You've been like a light in the dark to me. I value your thoughts and input. Just knowing I'm not alone is worth its' weight in gold. Although I regret the circumstances that brings us together here on this board, I'm grateful to know that I'm not alone in dealing with this. I can only hope that I'm able to participate more.

18. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

So i'm working at a disadvantage here. I've hung around various msg boards for many years and it's been my very personal experience that-as with an group of people, albeit anonymously- they don't always get along. I've simply learned that in the cyber world one can almost find SOMETHING to back up a claim. That's not to say all claims are wrong, I would just encourage others to do the homework. Take away what works and discard the rest. I empathize with the very real, abject misery and pain these dd's cause. I'm greatly helped and comforted to know i'm not so alone after all. Knowing others can relate to what I go through on a daily basis means a lot. I.m encouraged and amazed at the strength and tenacity displayed by most here. Gentle hugs to all. Rebecca
  19. suebrown9

suebrown9 New Member

I am new to this message board and suffer with FM, sometimes want to use the board but cant sit at the computer for any length of time. The reason I came on today is that recently I have found gaps in the memory, was at work ( which is at a computer) and totally forgot what I was doing, as you know this can be quite alarming, so thought I'll go to the message board and see what I can find out.
    And had to read through alot of bitchiness before I found what I was looking for. If you really think about it whether someone has FM or think they have FM, they need help and support. And there are no medals for who suffers most.

Remember we are all suffering and we owe it to each other to support each other.
  20. winsco1

winsco1 New Member

I am new to this site but I am not new to fibro. I don't have to guess as to whether or not I am sick. I am a RN and have dealt with life and death on many levels for years. I still work at a limited level so I guess to some that would make me not sick. I came to this site not for answers to unanswerable questions but just to relate to people that can understand what I live thru on a daily basis. I am disappointed and saddened at what I have found here.