FIBRO FOG SET IN AGAIN NEED DOSAGE HELP ON MAGNESIUM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lovabuga, Sep 4, 2003.

1. lovabuga

lovabuga New Member

I KNOW THIS WAS POSTED SOMEWHERE BUT I DON'T REMEMBER WHERE.WHAT DOSAGE DO YOU START OFF WITH ON MAGNESIUM AND HOW MUCH DO YOU INCREASE TO? DOES WEIGHT MATTER?IF SO I WEIGH 150LBS.DID I READ CORRRECTLY THAT SOMEONE SAID THAT FM PATIENTS ARE LACKING MAG.WHAT FOODS ARE HIGH IN MAG.THANKS FOR THE HELP AND SORRY ABOUT BEING SO ABSENT MINDED.

LOVABUGA
  2. kgg

kgg New Member

It's by Dr.Jacob Teitelbaum. Now he starts everyone high, then a few months down the road he decreases the doses. This is his recommendation: 450 mg dose with 1800mg of malic acid. for 8 months then decrease to a third of this dose. He recommends magnesium glycinate as it is absorbed the best. If diarrhea and cramps are not a problem you can take twice this amount.

My previous doc had me start at around 200mg and keep increasing it until I had diarrhea, then decrease. My stomach didn't handle it well, so I use shots.

My current doc told me walnuts and peacans are a good source for magnesium.

And don't apologize for fibro fog. You are amoung good company! Hope this helps. -Karen
  3. lovabuga

lovabuga New Member

I BOUGHT MAGNESIUM OXIDE 250 MG.DID I GET THE WRONG THING? HOW DO I START WITH THIS?I KNOW I HAVE TO START LOW AND INCREASE SO I DON'T GET REAL SICK BUT WHAT DO I TRY TO GO UP TO?

LOVABUGA