Fibro Fog

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GinnyB, Aug 31, 2009.

1. GinnyB

GinnyB New Member

How long does fibro fog last? What can I do for it? It's driving me nuts just keeping all the medicines and Dr. appointments straight. I've just started with a new doctor, and the first thing I did was forget an appointment with him for a pre-op physical. It was his day to be at the hospital, but he came back from the office just for me and I stood him up. Sometimes I can't even remember what day of the week it is. Help me, please!

2. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

is definately a different way of life adjusting to.

My calendar is my everything, stays on the wall and never gets moved off the wall.

i write down just about any and everything. i have a good 10 writing tablets, then forget where are the tablets.

i have a timer i use throughout the day, just for the what use to be the simplest things, now i have to be reminded.

So sorry you missed the Dr. appt. Maybe the calendar idea would help you out.
    Be WEll
  3. GinnyB

GinnyB New Member

Yes, I have a huge monthly calendar on the wall between the kitchen and laundry room. You wouldn't think I could miss it there! I also have a small calendar I carry in my handbag, and a larger one in book form upstairs on my desk. The difficult thing is keeping them coordinated. Can I get one to wear on a chain around neck?!

4. loto

loto Member

is post it notes!!
    That's the only way I remember everything.
    Well, I usually schedule doctor's appointments, etc from my desk at work. I have a BIG desk calendar, AND a little day to day calendar, both on my desk. I write my appointments and everything else I need to remember on both, then write notes on post its to take home to remember. I also keep post its in my car! It's so much paper! But, that's the only way I can remember.
    As for remembering to take your meds??? I know how u feel about that. There have been times I can't remember if I took them or not! It's terrible! I've actually ended up quite goofy a few times from taking another dose of pain meds way to soon. And, I've felt awful the next day when I forgot to take my Cymbalta at bedtime the nite before.
    I don't know what else we can do to fight this crazy Fibro Fog we deal with!!!

5. cpdwife1519

cpdwife1519 New Member

all that I can advise to you is to seek treatment and medications and make sure you see your doc that is all I could do and still do, and make sure you tell your primary too!
    I have it BAD!
  6. quanked

quanked Member

called fibro fog? I have lots of fog and I am not sure that I have fibro but I have cifds.