Fibro fog

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by joniacato, May 6, 2003.

1. joniacato

joniacato New Member

What exactly is fibro fog?
  2. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I expect it's a little different for everyone, but when I have it, my brain feels fuzzy and sort of hums. I feel very dull-witted and out of it. It's almost like my head is full of cobwebs or something.

Marilyn :)
  3. bejo

bejo New Member

fibro fog makes it hard to concentrate,which means it is hard to learn anything new.You can learn but it takes longer.It also means that you have a problem remembering things.Like if I'm cooking something out of a cook book I have to keep going back to read the directions.Because I will forget the amount I need by the time I start to measure it.It also means that sometimes when you are talking to someone you totaly lose a word you want to say.I think they call it fog because it feels like you are trying to think through a fog like when you drive through one.It is not always really bad all the time.It comes and goes like the other symptoms of fibro.But sometimes it makes you feel kind of stupid.LOLOL bejo
  4. bwoodruff

bwoodruff New Member

Oh yeah, fibro fog! he he

I'm having it today myself and it IS different for everybody. I lose words - I'll be in the middle of a sentence and just lose a common, every day word which just throws my whole train of thought off. I have trouble concentrating and end up re-reading things several times, rechecking phone numbers before dialing, etc. I become very sensative to noise - I usually end up closing my office door because just the bustle of normal office activity is enough to drive me bananas! At home if the neighbor cranks up their lawnmower, I've been known to shut up the house on a beautiful breezy, sunny day because my head can't handle it until it's quiet again.

I'll be looking right at my hubby while he talks to me and only catch half of what he says - it's like someone keeps hitting a pause button in my head and I only catch half of what is going on!
  5. sarahfemme

sarahfemme New Member

I'm having a problem with fibro fog today. I was shelving books and the books beginning with title letter J just totally disappeared. I know I put them on the cart but as to what I did with them after that, I haven't a clue. They'll probably show up in some weird place like the AV section. Sigh. I zoned out. I'm glad I wasn't working the desk today. I would have heard only every other word a patron said or shut down the database or something equally inconvenient. I'm so fuzzy-headed all I'm good for is housework, and I'll most likely forget how to run the vacuum cleaner. Just one of those days....

-Sarah