fibro fog

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dichter, Jul 2, 2003.

1. dichter

dichter New Member

Hello to all at this site. They are not sure even if I have it yet. They said you have to wait a few months, well whatever! They have me on medicine today is the first day I feel like my goofy self. I cut the med in 1/2 thought I was out of sort from it making me kind of drousy. I am on eleve and vioxx for a bad shoulder that is how the entire thing got started going from dr. to dr. examing me for the shoulder and then findiing out why I feel like someone has a voodoo doll out on me. But the wierd thing it is only in my ribs and shoulder blade areas. So who the heck knows but I feel awake and myself today. The fibro fog thing I am sitting with my mouth open when I read these things that is exactly how I felt the last couple days especially at work. Like you were seeing things from the inside and not with it. So what I tried to do was do things that I like and try to keep up with your usual routine hoping that I would snap out of it. Keep in touch
  2. JannyW

JannyW New Member

>>>They are not sure even if I have it yet. They said you have to wait a few months, well whatever!<<<

This is a new one on me ... the rheumy who diagnosed me told me right off that I had fibro, using my list of symptoms & the tender points as the basis. Is your doc an internist or a rheumatologist??

Aleve & Vioxx are making you drowsy? Well, I guess everyone reacts differently ... some people get drowsy from Neurontin, it doesn't affect me that way. As far as keeping to a routine, this is a big part of self-management of fibro ... as much as possible, schedule your activities -- it will reduce stress.

Hang in there,
    Jan ^v^
  3. slmchristia

slmchristia New Member

Hi. I too have the brain fog. Am at work and can't remember names--loose things--etc. Soooo frustrating. I have started taking magnesium along with my reg vitamins. It seems to help some. Sandy

[ advertisement ]