Fibro Freedom-think I figured it out (last post) !

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Granniluvsu, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I just ordered some Fibro Freedom yesterday and after I ordered it I read the back of the label (real smart)which said that it might intereact with some anti deprsesants (SSI's and MAO inhibitors or Tricyclics)).

Presently I am taking (and TRYING to slowly wean off - if possible 0.5 mg of clonezapam and 10 mg of Flexeril at night). I have gotten about to 1 3/4 of the pill which is as far as I have gotten. My sleep with the Flexeril and the whole pill of clonoezpam was pretty good but has been a bit fitful since I have tried to wean off it. Some nights are better than others but usually have to get up once to go to the restroom (-: !!

Has anyone else here taken the Fibro Freedom while on a antidepressant or have you spoken to your doctor about it?

I figured that since I am taking a small dosage (of clonezapam)only at night that I might just take a dose of FF (or at least one pill at first once a day maybe in the morning and then if there are no problems go up to two piils a day (maybe second dosage after lunch) and not sure if I should take any at night since that is when I take the Clonezapam.

I have lots of questions but was wondering if anyone might have any words of wisdom on this. I would love to get off the Clonozepam but am not sure if I will be able to and if not CAN I still take the Fibro Freedom??

Hope I have not confused you all with this long senario.

I am trying to do as much as I can without any actual drugs (except those two I am taking for sleep) since I am still fairly active although still in pain daily.

There are so many smart people on here who hava tried so many things for different reasons I thought I would see what I could find out from any of you all.

Hugs and blessings to you ALL,

[This Message was Edited on 06/25/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 06/26/2008]
  2. cookie1960

cookie1960 New Member

Flexeril is a muscle relaxer and clonozepam is an anti-anxiety med - not an anti-depressant.

Sorry...but I don't know what Fibro Freedom is.

3. Granniluvsu

Please BUMP !!

4. Granniluvsu

Fibro Freedom is supposed to help with the pain, lack of sleep and other issues. If you click on Store and get to Fibro Freedom you can get the information, sort of and the info on the back of the bottle. However, they do not go into details. Just like everything says, talk to your doctor, etc.

I just hoped that someone who may have taken or is taking it now might have some of this information without having to talk to the doctor.

Jam - Thanks for your info on melatonin - who knows sometime I might try it. However, not sure if I should take that either while I am on the Clonezapam. Are there any contrindications or things you should not take with Melatonin??

Mustluvdogs - Hi there. I forgot to hook up to the thread so I don't remember everything you said, sorry ! When I do go to the doc I will ask her but I don't go for awhile.

They (PH) also have a Fibro Sleep that I was thinking of trying but that also says not to take when on either anti anxiety/dep drugs. I am almost sorry I started the combo I am on now but it surely did help me in the beginning. I didn't realize that getting off of the clonozepam could be you know what trying to get off of it. I found you had to wean yourself off it little by little anyway.

However, I am not taking much of it and only at night. So, I may try to keep weaning and adding the other as I wean down on the other.

Just hoped someone might have some info that have or had used the Fibro Freedom.

Thanks for posting and maybe someone else will give me some ideas too.

Thanks for posting !!

Hugs and blessings,

5. Granniluvsu

I have been busily doing some homework on drugs and somehow, I don't know why I was thinking that Clonozepam was an antidepressant which would have been a problem.

Yes, forgive me whoever mentioned that in their answer to my post which got me thinking. So I did a bunch of checking. Since Clonozepam is not an antidpressant (SSRI, MAO Inhibitor, or Tricyclic I don't think there is a problem.

I just received the Fibro Freedom today - Gee that was FAST. I just ordered it the other day. However, I will take it slowly like one pill a day to two and so on to see if I have any effects and to see how many I should be taking. You can take up to 2 caps 3x a day. I hope I don't need that much as the 180 will last a month and is not to cheap. However, will see if it helps first before I make that decision.

TRhanks again to all who posted. If it helps at all with the pain and sleep issues I will let you know and hopefully I can cut back even more with the clonozepam at night time with the Flexeril.

Hugs and blessings,

Thanks again to all who posted.
  6. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

I am curious which doctor put you on both of these medications. These are the same two medications that Dr. Baraniuk from Georgetown University put me on when I participated in the study.

I haven't started the Klonipin yet and I was not able to start the Flexeril because I take Tramadol (generic Ultram).

Melatonin is a hormone that our bodies need so it is safe to take with other substances - I take 300 mcg not milligrams but micrograms. It really helps my sleep. Usually, less is better so you may want to try to find the 300mcg (I get mine at Walmart) or try the 1 mg.

Klonipin is used to reduce the CNS overactivation which is a part of our illness. According to Dr. Baraniuk, .5mg at night is a good dose (start low and stay low). According to Dr. Cheney, if you don't need it, then you don't have any problems getting off of it, if you need it, you may have some difficulty.

I am still learning, I prefer natural but sometimes we need a little more.

I think St. Johns' Wort is the herb that is contraindicted when you take anti-depressants or anti-anxiety stuff.

Anyway, glad you found the info you needed.
  7. Granniluvsu

Jam, Jamin, and Marti,

Mustluvdogs - thanks for bumping !!

Also, thanks so much for your information.

Marti - First of al I had no idea that you had to wean of Flexeril wince it is a muscle relaxant. Of course I do know that everyone is very different in how they hand changes to any medications. I will keep that in mind however. Oh, my Rheumy put me on that right away the first time I saw her. I finally got dxed a couple of yrs ago, it only took about 25 yrs-geez. However, after awhile I just gave up on go to docs for my real problem. Still some people don't believe in it or know what to do for it (or want to fool with it), but back then very few did at all.

Jamin - Thanks for the idea on melatonin which I may go to eventually if all else fails. I was just looking for something to take while I try and taper down on the Klonopin. Don't feel any worse getting off it but don't eleep as well. I am on a low dosage at night but have only cut back 1/8 th of a tablet. Didn't do bad last night, only got up once to go potty (-: !!

It just depends on how I do with the Fibro Freedom. It sounds really good but it is also not a cheap supplement even on the smartbuy program. So, weo' see and thansk so much for all your info especially Jam for her LONG post on weaning off Benzodiazepines.

Thanks so much to all of you !!!

Blessings and hugs,

[This Message was Edited on 06/27/2008]