Fibro/fungus

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by goldie1, Nov 22, 2002.

1. goldie1

goldie1 New Member

I'm 47 years old/young. Through many many months of research, I found that my health had been compromised starting at age 6 by the use of anti-biotics. 5 years ago I noticed I was experiencing alot of muscle pain that couldn't be explained. I tried the typical arthritis meds, Vioxx, Celebrex to no avail. I tried Guaifenesin, a hot tub, tanning bed yet I was hurting all of the time, couldn't sleep for more than an hour or two at night. I had my clinic doctor run the standard TSH test for hypothyroid but it came back in the normal range. I then determined that I had Fibromyalgia. I happened upon a TV program on The Family Network called "Your Health" with Doug Kaufmann. I listened to the topic of "The Fungus Link" and how it can affect the whole body. I followed his recommendations with anti-fungals and with-in 6 months I knew I was on the right track. I still suspected that I was Hypothyroid and heard about the TRH test. This test came back that indeed I was Hypothyroid. Between the Hypothyroid symptoms and the Fibromyalgia I now had a diagnosis and how it had developed. Since these symptoms occurred over a period of 15-20 years, I was told (by a male physician)that it was just a part of getting older! How wrong he was! It's going to take more than a few months to restore my health, but at least now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
  2. goldie1

goldie1 New Member

I'm 47 years old/young. Through many many months of research, I found that my health had been compromised starting at age 6 by the use of anti-biotics. 5 years ago I noticed I was experiencing alot of muscle pain that couldn't be explained. I tried the typical arthritis meds, Vioxx, Celebrex to no avail. I tried Guaifenesin, a hot tub, tanning bed yet I was hurting all of the time, couldn't sleep for more than an hour or two at night. I had my clinic doctor run the standard TSH test for hypothyroid but it came back in the normal range. I then determined that I had Fibromyalgia. I happened upon a TV program on The Family Network called "Your Health" with Doug Kaufmann. I listened to the topic of "The Fungus Link" and how it can affect the whole body. I followed his recommendations with anti-fungals and with-in 6 months I knew I was on the right track. I still suspected that I was Hypothyroid and heard about the TRH test. This test came back that indeed I was Hypothyroid. Between the Hypothyroid symptoms and the Fibromyalgia I now had a diagnosis and how it had developed. Since these symptoms occurred over a period of 15-20 years, I was told (by a male physician)that it was just a part of getting older! How wrong he was! It's going to take more than a few months to restore my health, but at least now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
  3. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

It sounds like you know more about your body than your doctor! I would suggest you find another doctor. Anyone who says FMS is part of the aging process is crazy!!!! I get SO angry when people tell me that! Are you taking thyroid pills? This board is a great place for support and information, but you should see a doctor who is knowledgeable and supportive of your symptoms.

P.S. - My rheumatologist is a woman, and she is wonderful!

Annette2
  4. rmax

rmax New Member

This is the first time to be on this message board. My husband has fibromyalgia (not been diagnosed, but has all the symptoms). I was interested in the tv program you mentioned on fungus. Can you tell me some more about it? Is there a web page which would give more information? I am very interested in learning as much as I can.
    Thanks,Nan Maxwell
  5. goldie1

goldie1 New Member

The Family Network's program, "Your Health" with Doug Kaufmann in televised at 11:00 AM Monday-Friday. The program covers all health issues. Their web site is www.iknowthecause.com The program was a God send for me. I found the answers to why and how I came to have this fibro and how to get my life back. Hope this helps.Goldie