Fibro Group

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lorrie4real, Mar 24, 2006.

1. lorrie4real

lorrie4real New Member

I would like to start a Fibro/CFS group in my home town of Bremerton, WA. We have none here and I'm not sure how to start one. Does anyone know or have any Ideas?????
    Thanks Lorrie
  2. bettydroop

bettydroop New Member

Im in Kirkland... wish you were not so far! I would go.

Good luck finding support there in Bremerton!
  3. sues1

sues1 New Member

In tabs at the top of our pages here is various sites we can click onto...

One is SUPPORT GROUPS it asks for your location info so it can be searched for one nearest you...or so I think.

Contact the nearest support group leader to you for suggestions on how to adv. it, get a place, topics, how the meetings should be led, etc.

A good leader never pushs their ideas, meds, doctors and so forth. Various topics would be discussed and sometimes you can get a speaker.
    Free time to talk with each other is great also.

I imagine that not all support groups are the same. If you can find a well person (without this illness) to assist, that is a good thing to do also. Sometimes they are friends, mothers, husbands and such.

How nice of you to think of this.............Susan
  4. lorrie4real

lorrie4real New Member

Bettydroop,
    Nice to talk to someone so near, I wish you were closer also, well maybe we can talk sometime. let me know. Lorrie
  5. lorrie4real

lorrie4real New Member

Susan,
    Thanks for the fantastic ideas, I am going to get on the ball with this. A good guide. Thanks Lorrie